Home Buying in Back Bay>Question Details

Sam02135, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

How come this website doesn't detail condo fees? And some listings have price histories and some don't.. why?

Asked by Sam02135, Boston, MA Wed Nov 30, 2011

Answers

7
Truila's business model is to sell ads and generate leads for real estate agents. They, like most of their competitors, restrict some important property details to force users to contact their agent clients. Forcing this contact generates a lead which translates into income and value for Trulia.

There are a couple of brokerage sites that offer an unrestricted feed of MLS data fields. Check out Territory.com (see link below) and you can veiw all of the listings in Back Bay plus their corresponding condo fees and price histories.
Web Reference: http://goo.gl/LYwNP
It is an issue with how Trulia reads the feed from the MLS. This site has the details you are looking for ....>
http://www.hotbostonproperties.com/backbayrealestate
All the big websites mix and match their feeds for information on a property. I know Trulia pulls from MLS, Realty Trac, which has foreclosure data that is miserably hard to get in any accurate form because banks usually don't seem to give a damn, and lastly I could manually enter a listing as an owner or an agent. The only way to make sure all that information was current would be to have several required fields of information before a listing is allowed to go live. As an agent it can be a hassle to find all the small details about a property I work with. Specifics on zoning, fees, construciton dates, tax details ect. I could see an owner wanting to sell their place giving up in frustration if every field had to be completed.

So, the big websites are faced with a choice, only allow high grade listings with thorough information and have much less content, or open the flood gates and suffer some inaccuracy. I don't think I know of a website that turns down content in the name of accuracy.

Bobby Woofter
717-917-8842
bobby@mybostoncondo.com
mybostoncondo.com
Web Reference: http://mybostoncondo.com
Christopher Pag: Thanks for the answer... I believe this is the case. But I have seen other web sites that give condo fees up front... like Boston.com's. In my view, we wouldn't waste each other's time if information is up front and the numbers (the cost to live there (difference between owning it and living there)) doesn't make a responsible sense.

Anna Brocco: Thanks for your answer also, but they should link up with the sources that gives the most answers to the viewers/end buyers informative needs. I'm a computer/software engineer.. it has been 10 years of internet development to make it robust for end users and "retailers" to show everything a buyer needs to know. Then the buyer can make a rational (key word) decision... which was unlike the "bubble people". And I agree with you about pre-approvals.. .no broker wants to waste their time on someone that can't come close to affording the showing.
For me, I'm not new, I've owned for a while now .. investments in brighton and living in Newton. I have an equity Credit line .. but I should get a pre-approval letter... as you stated and I also agree.

The answer should be that this website should get the most informative feed... I don't think Trulia mix and match source feeds...
Kee in mind that various sources feed into online sites, therefore much will depend on the feeding source; if looking to purchase in the near future, consider working with an agent of your own; he/she can provide all necessary information, schedule showings, etc. If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously...
Hi, Most don't because it is a marketing tool to get the customer to call the agent. if all the info is given up front there is no reason to inquire...unless of course you want to see it.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Great idea! That would be helpful, if each condo listing had the average monthly fee at least for the year prior.

Maybe this would be a great, unique addition for Trulia.

Not sure about the why for either question, but, at least for the condo fees, this could be something implemented in the future.