Home Buying in Akron>Question Details

crystal_8225, Other/Just Looking in Akron, OH

How can you go about looking into a loan to purchase home? What kind of credit do you need?

Asked by crystal_8225, Akron, OH Fri Jan 4, 2013

buying home, foreclosure, credit, etc

Answers

3
Crystal,

I'd be happy to help you with that. You can contact me through my profile if you'd like to get started. There are a lot of options out there with mortgage products.

To answer your question, many lenders require at least a 620 FICO. Of your three scores, the middle is used.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 5, 2013
I recommend in our area going to Equifax.com. Do not use one of those free credit scores. Be aware this is only one of dozens of possible scores that your lender will use but should give you the range you are in. My favorite tool is the what if calculator, where you can work to make your score better. I use this one my self and recommend it to my clients serious about getting the best rate. Pulling this data will not effect your score and with a full printout of all three scores and credit reports a good lender can tell you if you are ready for a full qualification. If you cant find a good lender I can recommend some.
Best of luck. Benny Smith
In looking to purchase a home your first check is to see where your credit score stands then talk with your realtor and they can help you find a lender to give you the best advice for buying now or in the future.