Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Kaybee, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

How can you force a tax lien sale for a property that is $32k behind in real estate taxes?

Asked by Kaybee, Philadelphia, PA Sun Jan 30, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Great website, Maxwell.



Timothy M. Garrity | Brown McKinney Real Estate, Co.
Real Estate Professional & Consultant

tgarrity@brownmckinney.com Email| http://www.brownmckinney.com/tim Website
215-825-2250 x 1007 Office | 267-879-2716 Mobile | 267-318-7004 Fax
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 31, 2011
The website for info is http://www.pre-sheriffsale.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
If it is in Philadelphia you can force the sale. Philadelphia does not sell its tax liens. Let me know if you want speficics on forcing the sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
Hi Kaybee. Speak with the local municipality. If you are looking at a specific home in Philadelphia, check with the local city office. I had heard that, in some cases, Philadelphia is/was continuing to work with homeowners rather than selling a tax sale certificates.

Robert Greenblatt
Keller Williams
Cherry Hill, NJ
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer