John, Home Buyer in Pocomoke City, MD

How can you find out the actual sold price history of a particular property in maryland and virginia?

Asked by John, Pocomoke City, MD Sun Mar 18, 2012

I am looing to buy in the near future (when my immigration status finally gets sorted out - but thst's another story). So I have been following real estate market for almost two years in my local area (say about a 15 mile radius of Pocomoke) and I see some houses coming back on the market which have been previosly listed where either the owner has upgraded and relisted or a developer has bought upgraded and then listed. I would like to know how to find out what price properties actually sold at maybe over the lst 10 years

Answers

5
Hi

You can contact me and I can locate those properties if they are in the MLS and give you some information in that regard.

The other way is to go to the Land Records office in the county where the properity is located and you can search the Deed to see what was the purchase price.
Any local Realtor can assist you with a list of home sales in your area. This is provided at no charge and can be done right through e-mail. If you are looking at specific properties you can go to your local county tax records (which are public record) and search yourself.
you can also go the the MD Dept. of Assessment and Taxation.
Follow this link; http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/
I believe the Pocomoke, Md. area falls into the Coastal Association of Realtors so you will have to contact a realtor in that association for the sold data you need. The rest of Maryland uses the MRIS
system (metropolitan regional Information system) and records data going back 10 years.
A real estate agent can find that info for you. They have access to data that the general public cannot access. Ask them to do a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) and that info will be on there.

Good luck with your home buying and also with your immigration...