Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

Nancy Sackhe…, Other/Just Looking in San Diego, CA

How can you find out if a property was auctioned? The auction date has passed & it's now listed as a short sale, but agent doesn't

Asked by Nancy Sackheim, San Diego, CA Tue Sep 7, 2010

return my call.

Answers

6
Thanks so much everyone. You've helped me a great deal in understanding the process and given me some excellent research tips.
sounds like the auction postponed. call another agent to act on your behalf :)
You should also consult with the local registry of deeds. Link Below. That will show if anything came of the auction by searching the address. You might also be able to find the attorney of record or company info pertaining to the management of the property if the listing agent isn't responsive. You can also contact the broker of record/owner of the office for the listing agent and request why the listing agent isn't returning your contact attempt. Short sales are fustrating at times but with ample patience can work wonderful.

Good Luck, hope this helps,
http://www.MedfordHouse.com
Hi Nancy,

Auction dates are not set in stone and oftentimes are cancelled or postponed for various reasons. If the property is listed as a short sale, the seller was perhaps granted a period of time to try and sell the home through the conventional process, though at a price that will prove less than what is owed on the note. Because the listing agent has a fiduciary relationship to the seller, they won't oftentimes provide the specific explanations. Lenders are usually pretty amenable to working with borrowers/sellers in an effort to avoid the expesnsive and tedious foreclosure process. Short sales, foreclosures, and REO's (bank owned properties after foreclosure) are areas of real estate in which I'm well versed. If you'd like more information as to what to expect through the short sale process and would like additional assistance with this particular home, feel free to contact me directly--I'm happy to help!

Michelle Easter, Broker Owner
RE/MAX Cityscapes
Boston
617-990-2209
measter@remax.net
I will be glad to help you in any way possible - give me a call and I will tell you all you want to know.

I always pickup the phone, so call whenever you have a few minutes to chat.

Jamin Jones
978-335-9092
The Auction date can be pushed out by the bank if the home is in the short sale process. You may want to find a buyers agent who can contact the listing agent for you.

Chris Blasic
Realty World & Associates