Lisamarieher…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

How can we get a nice rent to own home?

Asked by Lisamariehernandez00, Houston, TX Thu Oct 10, 2013

My husband and I are looking for a rent to own home, we're working on our credit which is not good enough for a mortgage yet. What are our options without having to pay 1000 a month.

Answers

5
Please make sure you understand what is involved with a "rent with the option to buy" arrangement!!!

(if you think you simply pay rent, and then it is all applied to the sale price if you buy the house - think again!)

Don't sign anything unless you have an attorney look it over.

Most "rent with an option" deals involve NON-REFUNDABLE deposit money...........upfront...and, you will most likely be asked to pay an amount of rent over and above the normal rent.

Only that overage will be applied to the sale price IF you are able to buy the home, If you do not buy the home for any reason (example - you still don't qualify for a loan!) you LOSE that amount of rent and any other upfront deposit you gave.

This usually is not an arrangement that favors the tenant.
Please investigate before moving forward.

My advice?
Rent for now..... and work on your credit until you qualify for a loan, and then buy in the normal manner.

Best wishes............
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Hey lisa, how bad is y'all credit. My lender I work with can get y'all approved at a as low as a 580 credit score with still 3.5% down.
If its the credit score is 500 and above, my lender can still get y'all approved but y'all will have to put 10% down. Call or email me anytime.

Ryan Gonzales
REALTOR®
Becker Properties

830-443-4883 - office
210-287-8917 - cell
210-481-9849 - fax
Ryang@becker-realtors.com
Lisa,
Either you find a For Sale By Owner who is willing to carry your loan or (and the best case) ask the landlord if the house might be for sale before you lease. Then lease the house for a year or until your credit score is good enough for a loan. It is much more simple to do two transactions.
Born and raised in here, I specialize in San Antonio and would be able to help you to the fullest! (830)200-8717 is my direct line and you can also email me at laura@laurayznagarealtor.com Please feel free to also go to my website at http://www.laurayznagarealtor.com I look forward to assisting you with your relocation to San Antonio... :)
I would be happy to help just call or email me 2109784610 / mr.prealty@live.com