Home Buying in Knoxville>Question Details

Ginbmay, Home Buyer in Knoxville, IA

How can my husband and I buy a house that is only 73900. Our credit score is like 550. The house we are

Asked by Ginbmay, Knoxville, IA Fri May 15, 2009

renting is so small for the my husband, myself, our son, and daughter. We live in Knoxville, ia. We really want this house. Can someone help us please.

You might need a credit score boost, or you might need credit repair. If you are carrying too much balances on your credit cards then this might be causing the 'drag' to your score. If you are able to pay down the balances to 30% of your credit limit this should boost your score right up.
However, if you have multiple late payments and other negative items this is considered credit repair. I would be happy to assist you with credit repair in order to get your credit repaired so that you can qualify for a good mortgage.

For more information you can read my blogs here, visit my website or look for me in the June issue of INC Magazine.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 16, 2009

If you like the house, see if it is possible to get owner financing or lease purchase. Check with a lender to see how long before you can improve your credit so you can buy / or refinance at a later time.

I sell houses with private financing at credit scores 560. I don't have properties in your area yet but if you qualify with us, I am willing for find one that matches you. Please visit my website for more details.

Web Reference: http://www.imminest.com
Unfortunately in this market you need a minimum 620 for FHA with 3.5% down payment. I suggest you sit down with a reputable local lender & discuss ways to get your credit score up so you can purchase.