lia0548, Other/Just Looking in Hampton, VA

How can my friend let the sellers know that he had a lousy agent, who gave the wrong advice for about financing the house?

Asked by lia0548, Hampton, VA Fri Nov 23, 2012

Agent was vague about the process of buying a house. There is lack of communication. He is very frustrated. He will not make the deadline because
of this agent. It's a little late in game to switch. He is close to the date of closing,
and still in the dark. Help!

Answers

5
Your friend could tell them, send them a note, maybe spray paint the garage wall with a message?

Does your friend know what they're talking about? Maybe your friend is wrong, and the financing option was a good option for the . . . seller?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 23, 2012
We really don't have enough information to craft an informed response here, but I will say, I hate hearing stories like this.

While I will generally default to the mortgage professional for direct questions regarding the financing, real estate professionals today also need to be educated on the various loan products and how they can ultimately affect the transaction.

An experienced real estate agent in my opinion has to be well-versed and be knowledgable about the different loan products available, and how each will ultimately affect the transaction. Agents who are unresponsive and simply push all financing questions off to the mortgage broker blindly are doing their clients a major disservice. An agent's job is to get their clients THROUGH closing and manage the ENTIRE transaction. That means they have to know a little bit about everything - not just show you some houses, write a contract, and hand it all off to the mortgage broker/attorney, moving on to their next client...

Please provide some additional information surrounding the situation so we can more accurately advise you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
More information is really needed. which side are you trying to help?
We do not have enough information to answer the question at hand. But any financing questions should be asked to the lender not the agent.
Lia,

This sounds like a delicate and complicated situation. I can give you the options available, but there is more information I need to know in order to accurately give you specific information. Call me at 757-561-6096 so we can talk.

Ron Rivera