Home Buying in 11520>Question Details

S Harold, Home Buyer in Bronx, NY

How can i find which sections of Freeport, NY have the additional village tax?

Asked by S Harold, Bronx, NY Fri Jul 4, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Almost all of the homes in Freeport fall within the Incorporated Village, except for a small area east of Babylon Turnpike. Because some services are paid for by the Village Tax, the County tax is lower than villages that are not incorporated. The school tax portion of the tax bill depends on which school district the house falls in--Freeport, Roosevelt or Baldwin. A local Realtor is your best source of information but you can call the Village Assessor's office to find out if the house is in the incorporated village and, if so, how much the Village taxes are. The Town and School taxes are available on the Nassau County website. Don't go by what you see on the listing because the taxes shown sometimes reflect the current owners exemptions rather than the full tax. If you are not currently working with a local Realtor, I would be happy to represent you. I have specialized in Freeport real estate for the last 19 years, the last 10 years as a buyer's broker.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 21, 2011
If you look up specific properties on mynassauproperty.com and go tot he property taxes tab, select 2008 you will find the current town and school taxes for that home. On the bottom of the page it will tell you if there are additional village taxes.

Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 4, 2008
All areas of Freeport have the village tax; As everything lies within the incorporated village you pay the village tax no matter what part you live in! Freeport does have different sections which go to different school districts (most are Freeport, some are either Baldwin or Oceanside).This may be what you are talking about.Freeport is a great town and has a lot to offer-If you are looking specifically in that area give me a call or email and we can discuss what is available-we sell from the open bay to up north in Sterns Park! Good Luck! Seth Pitlake,Prudential Douglas Elliman Real estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 22, 2008
Work with a real estate agent. I of course recommend that to anyone looking to buy. In this market - any market - you should have someone on your side - BUYERS AGENT.
Web Reference: http://www.tommcgiveron.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2008
The assessors office or tax dept should be able to answer that for you. Assessor is at 46 N. Ocean Ave, Freeport, NY 11520. Phone number: 516-377-2256. Tax dept is at the same address, telephone is 516-377-2212.

I've also attached a link.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 4, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer