Home Buying in Union City>Question Details

Deniz, Home Buyer in West New York, NJ

How can an ongoing litigation can affect me during my occupancy and my selling in the future?

Asked by Deniz, West New York, NJ Mon Jul 16, 2012

I've put a cash offer on a unit and afterwards we found out that there's an on going litigation in the building. Seems like the litigation is about some of the balconies in the building. My unit does not have a balcony.

They have a court day beg. of next year that will decide if there will be a settlement or go to trial.

My question is, how will this affect me whether settled or go to trial during my time there, if it will at all and how will this affect my selling the unit in the future.

Answers

4
Whatever affects the building, affects your unit as well. A lot depends on how much the potential settlement can be. You should talk to an attorney about this
Deniz,
Any legal questions are best handled by an attorney. I'm hoping you do have one who will be assisting you on the closing of this home. Realtors cannot provide legal advice. Please ask the expert in this area, your attorney. This is not necessarily a simple question and deserves a thorough understanding of the legal complexities surrounding litigation.
Wishing you the best!
Helene "Leni" Jeanette, SRES, SFR, AHWD, MBA
973-207-9803
http://www.Randolph-Chester-Homes.com
Anything that causes you hesitation may have the same impact to a future buyer. Beyond that, my suggestion is to talk with your attorney.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results