Home Buying in Laveen>Question Details

Kamoore, Renter in Laveen, AZ

How can I tell is a home I am renting is going to be foreclosed on?

Asked by Kamoore, Laveen, AZ Fri Feb 10, 2012

Answers

5
County website. http://www.maricopa.gov/ search your address.
If you go into the county site, you can set yourself up for an e-mail alert for any address including the house you're renting. That way, if a NOD comes through you'll be alerted when it's filed.
yes definitely check your county records. You can find out who holds the lien; while they will not give you any direct information, you could researach that lienholder, i.e., GMAC, Freddie Mac, Fannie MAe, etc to see what type of relocation assistance programs they have for leaseholders and/or homeowners for the foreclosing process. There are various programs, each with their own criteria of qualification.
You can always check with the county records to see if the property is up for foreclosure. You should also get a letter that will let you know about the foreclosure since you are living there. I would also suggest that you find out what your rights are. If you have a lease in place then you might have the right to stay there until the lease is up.
you can go in county records and see if the home has been sent to auction,
or you should have legal notice posted on your door plus mailed to the home.
the landlord probably will not tell you.
Hope this helps