Home Buying in Homewood>Question Details

Gioconda, Other/Just Looking in

How can I search for a house within a school district?

Asked by Gioconda, Mon Sep 26, 2011

I'm searching for houses that correspond to the district that includes Homewood-Fossmoor High School

Answers

5
Gioconda,

Working with a real estate professional from your targeted area will provide the diretion you need. Because this is a high priority for most buyers, this information is generally included on the multiple listing information.

Speaking as a former chief school officer, district boundaries can be irregular and often deceiving. Thus, assuming a home is located in a district or going by hear say could be costly. Our best advice is, regardless of the source for your information, always confirm the home's location with the district office.

Too many buyers have purchased property that was later found to not be in the desired district. Make sure you are not one of those people.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 27, 2011
The online searches that are available to the general public do not offer all of the screening features that are available to realtors. Any realtor could set you up for a free search for homes in the H-F school district. I am a full-time agent in Flossmoor, send me an email if you would like me to do a search for you. Good luck and happy house hunting!
Web Reference: http://www.ASJiles.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 26, 2011
I would be happy to help you with that and set a search for you. I sell homes in this area all the time and am very familiar with the area. 233 is Homewood, Flossmoor, part of Glenwood and part of Chicago Heights. It all depends on what you want to spend, the size of home, how much work you want to do in the home. Depending on your needs, I can recommend a few homes too.

Please feel free to email me or call me and I can set you up with a free search.

Suzanne Hamilton
Independent Broker Owner
RE Marketing Consultants
888--788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 26, 2011
Any licensed Realtor can help you with that. I would be happy to recommend someone in your area!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 26, 2011
I will make this really easy, Just got to my site http://:www.brendajmorgan.com log-in and search for homes in the school district you want. Or feel free to call me(708) 922-1055 or email brenda.morgan@remax.net