Home Buying in Palm Beach>Question Details

mkathryn7707, Home Buyer in Wheaton, IL

How can I publish an agent review on trulia.com?

Asked by mkathryn7707, Wheaton, IL Wed May 22, 2013

Answers

4
-
-
If its a good review, should not be a problem posting it anywhere in many cases.

However, posting a bad review could get you some LSD, and I don't mean the crazy, far out 1970s trip drug either!

I mean Libel, Slander, Defamation law suits.

You write it....you post it....you own it....

Curious though, without naming the realtor, what did they do that was so great or so bad?

--
This is the day and age of reviews - think Angie's List or Yelp or any of the numerous sites that encourage consumers to review products and services .

I don't buy any product for myself, or even a toy for my granddaughter unless I read several reviews first....of course, you have to sift through what was said, and decide what has merit...but...one can find reviews on plumbers, appliances, restaurants, schools, caregivers........and even Realtors!

I respectfully disagree with Richard's point of view in his first paragraph..........and I am confused as to why he felt the need to be defensive and justify what an agent does in his second paragraph!

All the poster did was ask how to post a review (called a recommendation here on trulia)!!

So....to answer your question......you can publish an agent review by going to their profile page and clicking on "Recommend". Follow the directions on the drop down list.

Best wishes.............
It's probably not a good idea to publish an agent review on a public website such as trulia.com regardless of whether it is a good review or a bad one. You may have had a wonderful experience with a Realtor whereas others may have had a mediocre or a terrible experience with that same Realtor. Perception is always in the eye of the beholder. If you happen to have had a bad experience with a certain Realtor and you publish your opinions about this Realtor, you might be exposing yourself to a lawsuit for slander or defamation of character.

Realtors work much harder than most people realize for the benefits of their clients or customers. It is probably one of the most underappreciated professions to be in. People don't realize the number of hours that many Realtors work in order to sell a property or to help a client or customer find just what they are looking for. Many clients ask their Realtors to show them properties in different parts of town only to decide not to buy anything. All Realtors have to sell is their time, knowledge and experience. They don't get paid anything at all until a sale is made. If you are happy with your Realtor, you can express your gratitude by referring that Realtor to others. If you are unhappy with your Realtor, it is probably best not to say anything bad about that Realtor.
Mkathryn7707

Ask the Agent to send you the link to their recommendations page. Agents love the help.

Trcy Hoyt