Home Buying in Shelburne>Question Details

Zoe Barracano, Other/Just Looking in

How can I have comparables of homes sold with similar specs to the house I'm interested in buying?

Asked by Zoe Barracano, Fri Apr 2, 2010

I don't want to see comps of houses for sale or comps of dissimilar homes.

Answers

3
You really need a buyers agent to do this for you. They can pull comps from our MLS system that will show photos of interior and exterior condition as well as land size and gross living area. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 2, 2010
Hi there, not to beat the "have your agent pull together this data" drum, but if you are working with an agent then you shouldn't have to work this hard in finding the data yourself - this is part of our job. If you are not, then you will have to dig.

But heavens, particularly as a buyer, I can't imagine any reason not to work with an agent - guiding and negotiating pricing discussions is so central to the value we add.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 2, 2010
A lot depends on your state's rules on disclosure. If disclosing the sales price is manditory it will be a matter of public record. Call your county recorder's office to find out. The other possibility is to work with a Realtor that has access to the sold statistics. As far as dissimilar comps that is where experience in the local market is a necessity.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 2, 2010