Home Buying in Florida>Question Details

Bumi60, Home Buyer in Boynton Beach, FL

How can I get out of contract?

Asked by Bumi60, Boynton Beach, FL Sun Nov 11, 2012

Without lose my down payment?

You need to ask your agent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Hi everybody,
I have a contract that expires soon but there were a lot of issues. I moved from another state to buy this house which is neither a short-sale nor a foreclosure and I was told that the closing would had been ready fifteen days ago. But when I got here I found out that nothing was ready, the loan or an issue with the title. Because of that I rented an apartment and now I can't go on with this contract.
I want to know if I can get off the contract because I am being asked to get it extended. Can I get off today, should I do it based on the credit or on the title? and am I supposed to get my money back.
I need answers please.
The best and safest way, would be to seek legal representation. If there is a loop hole they should be able to find it and best advise you.

Focusing on your contract contingencies and financing approval may be a good place to start.

Start with reading your contract, and hopefully you worked with an agent who can best advise you as to your rights. This is such a good example of why it is important to have a professional to guide you through a transaction and be able to advise you along the way.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi Bumi60,

Without knowing the details of your contract, we cannot recommend anything. Only an attorney can give you legal advice. If you need a recommendation to a local real estate attorney, please let me know.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
Bumi, you really need to go and speak with a real estate lawyer, with a copy of your contract in hand. Ann
You really need to be asking you agent that question. We don't know the details of your situation, the property or your contract.