Tina, Home Seller in Lapeer, MI

How can I get more showings on my home in Almont? It is very reasonably priced but after being on the market

Asked by Tina, Lapeer, MI Wed Apr 29, 2009

for over 7 months only 1 showing. They say the market is picking up but I don't see that to be true.

Kathleen Lordbock’s answer
Has your home been professionally staged? Is it in move in ready condition and white glove clean every day? How are the photos on the internet - did you see them - are they fabulous? Are there lots of them? Has there been a virtual tour made? Is it on Trulia and 20 other sites like this?
Reasonably priced would be at or below what other similar properties have sold for, recently.
PS - Open houses generally do not sell the particular home that is being held open. That sale may come from an entirely different open house. They do give the agent contact with prospective buyers and your property may not be the one they end up with. I still do open houses as they are great for showing off my listings and I like people.
Web Reference: http://topbrainerdagent.com
Having a realtor who is in the area that you are selling your home helps in small towns like ours. We regularly have clients walking through our door asking to see homes in the Almont area. But I also believe the time of year and the financial atmosphere definitely have a role to play as well.

State Wide Real Estate Mainstreet
844 Van Dyke
Almont, MI 48003

You could hire several "cheerleaders" to have a car wash in your driveway and offer to show drivers your home while they waited. (Just kidding) .... bottom line, talk this over with your agent and ask to review their past and current marketing efforts.

There are Four Factors that effect the sale of any product. The Market, this is local and yes home sales are up compared to last year. The Condition of the Product, is the home in move-in-condition or need a little cosmetic work? The Marketing, this can be provided by your agent. And finally, The Price. This is in your control, and your agent would be able to provide facts as to whether you may need to decrease your price to compete.

If you are not currently working with an agent, I can provide some information online about recent sales activity and what is actually selling. No obligation, no visit, or cost to email you recent information.
Web Reference: http://mi-living.com
Part of the answer depends on how many MLS systems your agent has you listed within, and extensive the internet marketing is on your behalf. You should have had reports at least every 30 days with facts and figures, to see how your listing stands compared to the competition. Of course, pricing is always a major factor, but again that can be tied to how much exposure you're really receiving.

Brian Luck / Keller Williams Macomb St Clair
Web Reference: http://www.BrianLuck.com