Home Buying in Loveland>Question Details

Melinda Hugo, Home Buyer in Loveland, CO

How can I get approved for financing without any credit history?

Asked by Melinda Hugo, Loveland, CO Wed May 30, 2012

My husband and I are looking to buy our first home and do not have any credit history and have never had a credit card or anything like that.

Answers

6
I send my clients to the mortgage professionals I have on my team. I'd be happy to share 3-4 names with you. They'll be the most qualified people to tell you how to qualify for a mortgage. You can reach me at Cindy@MyNorthernColoradoHomesforSale.com and I'll gladly send you those contacts.

Cindy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 30, 2012
Getting a home loan is not that cut and dry. Lenders look at many factors including income and things like "alternative" credit. These are things like insurance, phone, and any installment loans. Feel free to call and I can get you with a couple of lenders I work with who specialize in your exact position.
I would reccommend calling a mortgage professional (John Polansky) and asking the same question? You may or may not be able to qualify today. If not today then ask John to put a plan together so that you will be able to qualify in the near future.
John can be reached at 970 219 0700
Apply for a low credit line credit card and use it to pay your bills every month (and pay it off). Many folks face this situation while in college and they need to establish a credit history. The only way you get a credit history is create one but you have to start somewhere. good luck.
We are currently living with my husband's grandparents and need to move out by August. So far, we haven't had to pay rent or utilities or anything of that sort. The only thing we have had to pay for ourselves is car insurance and phone bills. When we asked the bank if that would build our credit, they said no unfortunately. Is there someone in the Loveland, CO area who would be willing to work with us? The way I see it, no credit is better than bad credit. Any referrals?
sure you can. Have you paid utilities anywhere? rent?