Home Buying in Winnetka>Question Details

lisettemarin…, Home Buyer in Winnetka, CA

How can I get a realtor to take me seriously? What am I doing wrong?

Asked by lisettemarinoff, Winnetka, CA Mon Apr 22, 2013

I have been pre-approved for an FHA loan of $130,000 and am looking to purchase a condo or townhome in the SFV area, looking particularly in the Winnetka/Reseda/North Hills area. I realize that this is not a large amount but I HAVE seen several listings online that meet my needs (2 bdr, 2 bath). My only problem is that I cannot find a realtor that seems to want to help me! I have tried contacting several Realtors I found online and most of them never even responded. The only two that did basically told me they didn't have anything and did not provide me with ANY other details i.e. advice or e-mail signup for new listings, etc. What am I doing wrong? I understand that finding an FHA-approved home with these specifications may be a challenge but I'm surprised at the lack of interest anyone has taken in being my agent/broker.

Answers

10
You can call me at 818 264 6896. or email me at bartigliere@yahoo.com
I am very surprised and believe me if you were looking in Northern VIrginia I would be more than happy to work with you. You are NOT doing anything wrong and hopefully an agent in your area will read your message and get in touch with you.

I am so sorry this has happened to you and I wish you lots of luck!
Wow!

Perhaps you can ask your lender for an agent referral.

Too many agents simply shy away from buyers. You are NOT doing anything wrong. Do not loose heart, your agent just like your home is out there. I hope you connect soon

You may find someone right here on Trulia.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Sorry to hear you are dealing with this crap. I am sure there are many wonderful agents in your area that would love to help you. Why don't you look for a real estate pro right here on Trulia. Go to the main page and click on the tab at the top,put in your city and click search.

Tom
It sounds like you're in a tough market! Few condos/townhomes are FHA approved. I would start by looking up the approved homes - then seeing if there are any listed. It sounds like you're going to be forced to do a lot of the leg work yourself. ...or maybe call a few real estate offices & find a newbie with time to spend on you.
You have a valid need. The problem is the price and the FHA loan. I recently tried to help an fha buyer and we are treated like dirt frankly...with listing agents refusing to give us the time of day.

Inventory is low and prices are going up. Homes are consistently OVER list price and to those with the highest amount of cash down.

It's not fair to you...it's just the way it is right now. One of the worst markets for first time buyers I've ever seen.

Sorry I don't have a better answer...just bide your time and wait for the tide to turn.

Take care.
It's not that no one wants to take you seriously but $130K FHA is almost an impossible task.
First of all most the complexes in Winnetka & Reseda are not FHA approved and those that are, are getting gobbled up by cash investors.
Sorry, I wish you luck.
Hi Lisette,
I am very familiar with those areas and I will be happy to be of service. It's a challenge in today's market to find a complex that is FHA approved, but certainly not impossible. Please see my information below and give me a call to discuss your situation further.

Liliana Alfonso
Rodeo Realty
liliana2sell@gmail.com
818-414-0396 cell
818-761-7277 fax
http://www.liliana4realestate.com
DRE # 01759367
Not to be discouraged,

Definitely agree with Tina...it's not you, so please don't it personally.
Your difficulties are likely caused by a combination of factors including: price point, location, the present market conditions, availability etc.

Our recommendation...continue contact in as many agents as necessary. You'll eventually find someone that can assist you.

Keep plugging,

Lisette,
What you're experiencing is more reflective of market realities than any ill will. With the housing market currently so hot in California, the homes you're looking for in your budget are largely being picked up by cash buyers. So, even if you could technically get financing to buy those homes, they simply won't sit around long enough for you to have a chance. Even my clients with 10-20x the budget are having trouble winning deals. At this time, I can only advise you to have patience and look for a good Realtor and deal. You may need to spend 6-18 months, but you'll eventually get there.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com