Home Buying in Bethesda>Question Details

Kay Colen, Other/Just Looking in Bethesda, MD

How can I get a floor oplan for a house I am looking at?

Asked by Kay Colen, Bethesda, MD Sun Nov 13, 2011

Answers

7
John Pobiak’s answer
Kay,
Have you been able to obtain the floor plan yet? It sounds like you have a specific need (like 1st floor guest suite, handicap accessible, etc.).

Let me know exactly what you require and I can zero in on listings that only, and specifically address your desires.

Thank you.
Hello Mrs. Colen

You can ask the owner if they have copy of their appraisal. Usually there is a Floor Plan in it. You can send me email any time for more answers to any questions that you might have. Happy Holidays!!
See Link below for our Promotion. Let me 18 Years of Experience in Real Estate get the most for you.
Get up to $5000 toward your moving Expense.This is a Limited time offer.Get the details Free!
You can search for Free, save your favorites ,share them and sign up for emails and Set rules to get daily update for the New homes coming on Market for Area of your interest, You can set the Search Criteria such as Zip Codes, School District, City and more.It is a no obligation Service.
If the seller / listing agent has not paid for one.. you can pay a floorplan person to do one for you.
Planning departments will have plans for viewing for properly permitted older or custom homes. Tract home plans can also be viewed which show general layouts, etc., but ones showing all as-built conditions are rarely available as slight modifications often occur with each home during construction. Generally, approval of the builder/architect is required prior to release of hard copies as documents are often propriety.

Getting true as-builts may require the services of a professional architect/engineer or similiar disclipline to look at the house and prepare a sketch layout. Checking web site of builder might also help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
If the house is not too old, you may find a copy on file at the County Planning Commission.
Another possible source would be your new neighbors.

Good luck and may God bless
Kay,

Hi, if you are working an agent, they can request plans from the buyer/listing agent/builder, if available. If new construction, the builder will be more than happy to provide one. Some of the virtual tours provide this information also - plus virtual furniture to place in the rooms! Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Ilissa
Web Reference: http://www.ilissaflamm.com
Kay,
There may or may not be a floor plan available. Is it new construction? If so, ask the listing agent or builder. If not, the listing agent may have one available. If you don't have contact info for the listing agent, I can look it up for you.