Home Buying in 33981>Question Details

Lnuckols, Home Buyer in Louisa, VA

How can I find the price for flood insurance in Punta Gorda?

Asked by Lnuckols, Louisa, VA Sun Dec 8, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


You can try http://www.PortCharlotteInsuranceCompany.com and search for flood insurance.. Hope this helps...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 24, 2014

You can call and insurance agent, but they can only give you an estimate, nothing set in stone.

The best thing that you can, when you find a home, if you are in a flood zone, ask the seller a certificate of elevation, if the do not have one, I would make this a provision of the contract. They cost around $200. I would also add in a contract, that the purchase of the home is based on your insurance prices, and you should get those costs down with in your inspection period.

Right now, the National Association of Realtors are working very hard to get the flood insurance issues that have come lately fixed. The NAR our representatives for Realtors and there are a few of us around and our voices are loud and the Government is listening to our issues.

Punta Gorda is a lovely area to live in, nice area that you have picked.

Thank you for you question.

Please call or email me if you have any other questions.

Pamela Civitillo, Realtor
Becky Borci Realty, LLC.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 20, 2014
If the property you plan to purchase is within a flood zone, you can purchase National Flood Insurance
through a property insurance agent. If the property is located in a flood plain, flood insurance is required when you obtain a mortgage. Flood insurance is available on homes, condos, and mobile homes and most enclosed buildings. Most insurance agencies can give you an estimate but not an accurate rate without knowing the elevation and will require an elevation certificate if it is in a flood zone.

Here is the link to the Flood Smart site. http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/

This will give you information on the National Flood Insurance Program, flooding and flood risks,
residential coverage, FAQ’s, flood facts and more.

You can go to my web page at http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/homeowner-insurance.aspx which will give you some insurance agencies to contact. If I can help with anything or answer any other questions, please contact me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
There are several insurance companies that can give you an approximate quote. But they will need specific information like age of home, elevation, flood zone. Let me know if I can get you in contact with some of them. Have a good night.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
If you are working with an agent they can help you determine if the property is in a flood zone and contact the current owner to see if the have an elevation certificate. (Using an agent will cost you nothing but can save you from expensive mistakes when buying any property). Otherwise you first need to identify a property you are interested in and contact a local insurance company with the address and a elevation certificate if asked.

Vicki Biehl, Realtor
Century 21 Aztec & Associates
“No Transaction Fees”
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer