Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

Pdxer09, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

How can I find the REO and foreclosure listing in Portland OR...What is the best place to get the most current listings for Portland OR quickly?

Asked by Pdxer09, Portland, OR Tue Sep 29, 2009

I would like to get a small condo/townhouse and pay cash for it up to 65000, so I dont have to pay the bank tons of fees in closing cost and interest...I am also in a hurry to do it so I can still close before November 30 and make use of the government credit for first home buyer.

Answers

2
Recent changes in foreclosure laws have put many of the foreclosures on long term hold while the lenders figure out their next steps, I recommend targeting an area with a broker and finding a property that is not distressed, but maybe a rental or one that is loan free to make an offer on. Also keep in mind that many of the homeowners associations are in tough shape financially, and need to be checked out carefully.

Mike Curtis
Exit Realty Your Next Move
Companies will try and sell you this information. This information is free on my company website: http://www.karimandLeonie.com

A search can be made for daily reports on short sale and REO listings. Log on and sign up then the team will "fne tune" your search for this request.

Karim