Home Buying in Joshua Tree>Question Details

Patty Mundy, Home Owner in Rancho Bernardo, CA

How can I find out the market value of 10 acres I own in Joshua Tree?

Asked by Patty Mundy, Rancho Bernardo, CA Mon Oct 1, 2012

The parcel is located about 3.5 miles east of Joshua Tree just south of Hwy 62 between Sunkist Rd and Sunfair Rd, and north of Cottonwood Dr. It is in the middle of other parcels. Thanks.

Answers

7
Is there a House on this propery?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
I need the tax number to look it up and the comparable sales in the area. I just finished setting prices in this area for an estate on 10 properties. send to kenpcommercial@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
A reliable local realtor who specializes in land should be your first choice, I have used Thomas Fauls at Joshua Tree Realty. His phone is (760) 366-7600.

If your land can't be sold using a realtor, my family trust might make you an offer. Write me at MNosanov@hotmail.com
Patty Mundy..Land has not been selling over the last few years, unless it is a distressed sale situation. Any comps find at this time will reflect the current market conditions. I'm happy to look up this information for you. I would need your tax ID Number for the property (it is a 9 digit number on the Tax Bill). If do not need to sell at this time I would hold, we are seeing a change in the residential sales for the better at this time and hope this trend continues. If so it won't be long till the builders start buying land to build speculation homes again. The MLS inventory is less than 3 months and we should have 6. Ken
If I were you I'd take advantage of some of the knowledge of local realtors in your market. Most real estate agents will provide a complimentary CMA or Current Market Analysis. Call 3 different agents that handle property like yours and ask them for a CMA. Some agents may give you a high value in the hopes in promotes you to list with them and others will just provide you with the market data on recent sales and values. Good luck!
A landlocked parcel of 10 acres could probably be sold for about $7000 and that's top dollar.
The best thing you can do is contact an Agent that has sold land in that area recently. I did a search on the MLS and found 17 lots sold in past 6 months and most of them sold by one Agent. Her name is Sharon Rose and here number is 760-365-7405. I would call her and I am sure she would be glad to give you a free evaluation.

Brant Ensworth - Realtor
New Millennium Realty
760-955-4143