Home Buying in 02646>Question Details

Pam Yelick, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

How can I find out the bank owner of a foreclosure property in Harwich Port?

Asked by Pam Yelick, Boston, MA Tue Apr 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Lisa Cannata below is a good professional out in that area.
She can help you easily and faster than you can learn how.
And, she might know of a property not in foreclosure that you would like to buy.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 11, 2012
Public records or if you post the address we can get it for you and post here.
Web Reference: http://territory.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Go directly to the deed information at http://www.masslandrecords.com choose the county and then you will have the information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
I'd be happy to help you. If you send me the address I bet I can find it much easier than sending you on a wild goose chase.

Lisa Cannata
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
The Barnstable Registry of Deeds will have that information. You can search the public records for free thru their on line access. I utilize this system daily. Give me a call if you would like further information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
You can look it up at the town hall or on line at the town's website.
If it is already foreclosed, the bank will have it and that can be difficult to track down. Mortgages can be sold many times and unwinding the trail is difficult. Even if you find the right bank, there is the challenge of getting to the right person.

We work with buyers of bank owned if you want further guidance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
If it's already foreclosed, it would be public record at the Registry of Deeds ... even if it isn't foreclosed, the Registry of Deed should have which bank holds the mortgage.

Also ... there would have been a public notice in the local paper essentially giving notice that the property could be foreclosing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Call or go to your county tax assessor's office. All past liens should be recorded so they should have a record of it.

Are you thinking of buying the property? Because I can save you a lot of time and trouble. The banks will not talk to individual purchasers, they will only entertain offers on the property once it is listed for sale with a realtor. So, if your purpose is to purchase the property the best thing you could do is work with a local realtor and let them watch for the home to come on the market through your local multiple listing service. I know that is disappointing news, but I and many others have tried to contact banks directly.Unfortunately, it just doesn't work, you will just end up wasting a lot of time and come away very frustrated.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer