A New Beginn…, Home Buyer in 60484

How can I find out if a property is a HUD foreclosure?

Asked by A New Beginning 2013, 60484 Thu Jan 3, 2013

Answers

3
There should be an indication on the listing that its a HUD home and there should be a property case number. You can also look for the property on http://www.hudhomestore.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 3, 2013
I typically use HUDHomeStore.com as well, but there is one thing I don't like about it - once HUD verbally accepts an offer, they remove all traces of the property from the site, which can cause confusion if you're not sure you have the case number right. HomeTelosFirst.com, however, leaves the listings on their site until they close but marks them as "contract pending" once an offer is accepted. Visit my Trulia blog and read the post about FHA financing and HUD foreclosures for more info.
It will indicate in the MLS listing. If you are exclusively looking for HUD properties, please visit hudhomestore.com and you can find all the HUD listings.