Home Buying in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

Kfusee, Home Buyer in Myrtle Beach, SC

How can I find out if a house that I'm interested in has HOA fees and how can I find out which neighboorhoods do NOT have HOA fees?

Asked by Kfusee, Myrtle Beach, SC Mon Apr 15, 2013

Answers

11
First I know you are using Trulia for a reason. You want to do your own search. Trulia gives you so much more information on a listing than the MLS services, so I do not blame you. You can find the information you want on the details page of a listing on Trulia. There is a field that says Fees and Taxes. Most of the time the HOA fee is in that field. Look at the web page example I have pulled below and you will see it after the listing information. Trulia pulls information from MLS services and populates the fields. If the agent has entered an HOA fee in the MLS, it should be displayed here. I have also seen listing agents put the HOA fee in the remarks section.

If you don't find it on Trulia, click into the agent website and you should be able to find it there. HOA fees can be very large in relation to the typical mortgage payment, so it is important for listing agents to make sure they get it in there, where ever they can.

I hope this helps!

Julie Minter
Realtors are able to assist you with this information, there is no charge. I would be happy to talk with you 843-455-6556 or e-mail me at bkradel@sc.rr.com...website http://www.beverlykradel.com

Beverly Kradel
Dockside Realty
The best advice is to get a Realtor which is a buyers agent, and does not cost you anything but piece of mind. I would be glad to help you anyway I can. Just give me a call on where and what you are looking for.
Carson
843-685-3145
Simply contact a Realtor. If you have an address or an MLS # email it to Tracey@screalestatenetwork.com and I'll be more than happy to help you. Not only can I tell you how much the HOA fees are, if there are any; I can also put you in touch with the HOA should you have specific questions as to what is, and is not, included. If you prefer, you can call me 843.455.3273. Have a great day :o)

Remember, if you're a Buyer, always, always hire a Realtor to represent you. It's FREE.
Choose a realtor to represent you. Then address all your inquiries to your chosen agent. That agent is qualified to answer your questions and help you with the intricacies of a realty purchase. Today's realty business is a little different from yester-year in that one realtor can show you all the properties that are on the market through the local cooperating multiple listing service.
Ginny Whipple
Dockside Realty Company
ginnywhip@yahoo.com
http://www.ginny.docksiderealtycompany.com
http://www.bestbeachretirment.com
843.455.8488
We get asked that question often(and many more). Buying a home in an area you're not familiar with is like crossing the desert without a guide. You need a guide-- an experienced Realtor to help make it easier. No need for a buyer to do all of the hard "leg work" and have us write up the offer. I would be happy to assist you but whether you choose me or someone else you can't get all of the tips to save you money without a relationship with one of us in the business full time.

Don Clark 843.457.7339
topper51@hotmail.com
Please call Fleurette Elliott @ 843-450-7546 or email the listing or neighborhood to fleurette@sc.rr.com I will be more than happy to let you know if the neighborhood has HOA fees.
My contact information is below:
Fleurette Elliott
REALTOR
Remax Ocean Forest
843-450-7546 [mobile No.]
fleurette@sc.rr.com email address
fleuretteelliott.com web address
Contact me the with the addresses. Also, if you wanted to put on max on the HOA fee per month, I can set a maximum so that properties under that amount only will be sent directly to you.
An agent can help you with this. Agents have access to HOA fees, property taxes, etc. Everything you need to make an informed decision about your new home. I'd be happy to help you!

Andrea Jones
Re/Max Ocean Forest
704-905-2757
andreajones@remax.net
You can ask your agent to narrow the search by HOA fee. Not all MLS systems have this as a searchable function, but the CCAR MLS does allow this. Any agent here in the Myrtle Beach area can search on this, however I don't believe this is an option that can be searched unless you are an agent. Most areas and homes in Myrtle Beach have some form of HOA fee. There are some areas that do not, such as rural areas around Conway, Loris, Longs, the older section of downtown Myrtle Beach, etc. Most newer neighborhoods, especially those with community amenities, will have an HOA fee of some sort.
Work with a local Realtor who has knowledge of the neighborhoods and area that you are interested in - that's how to find out all of the information about homes that might be of interest to you. All of the Realtors work off of the same MLS and working with a Realtor you will be able to receive updated and accurate information. The Real Estate websites that you find on line are often not dependable on the the information provided. In most cases, the commission is paid by the Seller so why not call a Realtor today!

Barbara Irvin
Dockside Realty
843-267-9232

check out my website at http://www,MyrtleBeachHomes4U.net