Home Buying in Westfield>Question Details

Djk, Home Buyer in Westfield, IN

How can I find out if a home I like is pending sale?

Asked by Djk, Westfield, IN Fri Oct 2, 2009

I was told a home that I wanted to buy had an offer extended. How can I see if the home is listed as "pending"?

Call the listing office and ask what the current status is if you don't have an agent.
You can call your agent and give them the address and have them check for you. If you do not have an agent call the agent that has the listing, you can get that information from the sign in the yard. Best of luck.
Usually if the home is no longer on the consumer website of the mls service, or realtor.com, it means it is under contract (pending) and/or expired. You can also call the listing agent and/or the listing office to find out if the home is still available. If a home is in attorney review, other offers can be presented & the seller can accept a new offer with no breach of contract during the attorney review period. The attorney review period is mandatory 3 days, but can last a few days longer. If the seller has a binding contract (out of attorney review), offers can still be presented & will be kept as back up offers, in case the binding contract falls through. Good luck with your house hunting!

Elisa S. Kolenut, Realtor-Weichert Realtors
Weichert Presidents Club
NJAR Circle Of Excellence-Silver Level-2002-2009
NJAR Circle Of Excellence-Bronze Level-1995-2001
NJAR Distinguished Sales Award
973-838-6200 (o), 973-714-3019 (direct)