Willweeverst…, Home Buyer in 64081

How can I find out how many kids live in a neighborhood?

Asked by Willweeverstopsearch, 64081 Sat Mar 12, 2011

My husband and I are looking to buy a house but our daughter (6) wants lots of "friends" near by to play with. We've never lived in an area where there were children so we want to be sure this need is met before buying a house. Where can I find information like that? I don't need to know their address or anything, just how many in the subdivision would help.

Answers

9
Every morning when the bus arrives and every afternoon when the bus drops the off should give are a real accurate assessment. Afternoon is better since the am may be too dark.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Calling the local elementary school getting the enrollment numbers and the subdivisions that feed the school should give you a good idea. Talking to the neighbors is always helpful, you'll probably find out more than just how many children live there!
Driving through areas your interested in on weekends and evenings is about the best way to go about findings children in neighborhood.
NeighborhoodScout found America's best family-friendly neighborhood in Blue Springs, Mo. It is a small town that is completely contained in a single neighborhood
The school district is top-notch. Families with school-aged children are the prevailing family type here. It is also rated as a very safe family neighborhood for our community.
There is a wonderful website called http://www.zipskinny.com. You just type in the zip code and it gives you terrific demographics for the area including household breakdown, size, average income, it's really a fantastic resource. Use it to compare neighborhoods and then narrow your search from the ones you like.
Hi, There isn't a database that contains that information. The best thing you can do is check out the neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon, in the summer drive by and check out the pool on a weekend or come by around the time the school bus arrives to see who is out and about. If you are really interested you can knock on a few of the neighbors doors... not always my first choice, but it will tell you alot! Most neighbors would love to meet their prospective "new neighbor". From your log in name... seems you are getting a bit worn out from looking! We are holding a Free Home Buyers Seminar on March 24th from 7 to 8 at 1201 NE Windsor Drive, Lee's Summit, MO 64086. We hold it monthly and the details are on my website. I'd be happy to give you some time saving tips for searching for a home. Good luck!
Cathy Thompson AskCathy.com
Hi, I would suggest checking with the local schools to see if they keep any kind of record as to the subdivions with the most children. I live in the zipcode 64081 but I have not heard of any agency that has those statistics. Please let me know if I can be of service to you. Pat VanBebber
Hi Willwee..

Clearly you do need to either work with a Realtor who knows the area close to a school or knows the street.
You can also go to the school and talk to the Admin dept. As to what area has a lot of schools.

You should also check the sex offenders data base in Lees, by going to http://Www.city-data.com

Perry
This is a tougher one and might need to speak with current home owners that live in the area. Is there a park close by, could ask some other parents there. Here in Tucson, AZ I have all clients review and sign the Buyers Advisory, in which contains a wealth of information on where to view current school statistics, crime rates, and etc.

That might be one other option, find out about the local schools, which one you would be sending your kids too based on the homes location and ask the school too about it. Finally, if you have not, please consider working with a local agent or Realtor as they should have other sources of information for you to consider as well.

Best of luck.

Spirit