Home Buying in Wallingford>Question Details

Jessica, Home Buyer in Wallingford, CT

How can I find broker to help me locate rent to own homes in New Haven County?

Asked by Jessica, Wallingford, CT Mon Aug 1, 2011

Although my credit is not good I have several other factors on my side-a good,stable income as a RN and a long rental history with all payments on time(and a landlord willing to say so). My credit should be good enough for an actual mortage in about 2 years.

Answers

3
Hi Jessica, I would be more than happy to assist you in your search to see what is available and discuss the options with you. Please contact me with the towns you are interested in with your price limit and I can email you the listings for review. Look forward to working with you. Julie Lucia, Realtor, Showcase Realty, 203-578-5631; julie@julierealestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
Good morning. I would recommend calling the manager of one of the Real Estate Companies in the town within New Haven County you are interested in.. They will be able to recommend an agent who has had experience with the "Lease option process." Most importantly you will need a good attorney who is experienced in contracts with regards to a "Lease Option/ Lease purchase Sale. Agents are not attornies, so their legal knowledge is very limited.

Here is a link to a basic look as to how the process works. Again beware, monies that are put down at the start and monies included in the monthly rent that are designated to go toward building the potential "Equity/down payment," for purchase, usually are not refunded..... If the renter/buyer does not exercise the option and purchase the property at the end of the option period, the option expires.

http://homebuying.about.com/od/financingadvice/qt/091007_lea…

Caveat Emptor

Candace Lipira
Web Reference: http://candylipirahomes.com
Congratulations on being proactive in your quest to become a home owner. I think the best thing you can do is call (or get a referral from a friend or family member)a reputable agent and explain exactly what you want to do. Be honest with the agent and share with them the details of the situation. Then just sit back and let the agent do their job. In this particular market you might just find a perfect match between you and the pespective Landlord/Seller. Good luck
Kathy Magliochetti
Calcagni Associates
Wallingford, CT
203-214-6115