Amir, Home Buyer in 20912

How can I find a real estate agent to work for me to find me a condo to buy in Adelphi MD?! how about his commission (if any)? I am a Newbie !? Thanks

Asked by Amir, 20912 Wed Oct 5, 2011

I had sent some e-mails to real estate agents weeks ago and had no replies yet ! I wonder why ? I started to know more about buying homes, lenders, calculators, but still I want to exchange idea ! is this the right place to discuss !?

Answers

11
Hi Amir,

Thanks for your question!

I agree with the feedback here suggesting that you seek referrals from family and/or friends. If you can’t find an agent that way, you could check out sites like Trulia to check out agents in your area. You should be able to get a feel for the agent’s thought process or the way they work based on some of the responses on the Q&A forums. You can also look at their profiles to see if you can gather any additional info that you might find interesting. Should you meet with them in person, please know that you will not be obligated to work with them simply because you’ve agreed to do so.

With that said, I’d obviously be remiss if I didn’t offer my own buyer agent services! I am a native Washingtonian, but have also lived in Maryland and am familiar with the Adelphi area. Additionally, I have access to great resources and am knowledgeable about first time home-buying. You can visit my profile to view my snapshot. I’d be glad to consult with you, and the opportunity to earn your business.

Web Reference: http://www.findmdhouses.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
Amir,

I strongly suggest speaking to a few agents. To find the right agent, read my blog "Where to find and How to Choose a Great Buyers agent" http://www.circadianrealty.com/lifecycles-blog/entry/1/12

My blog addresses all the questions you have above about commissions and how to pick the right agent!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
I'm not a realtor, but I'm interested to know what you mean by "his commission (if any)". Reason why I ask, is because if I were a realtor, I would not be inclined to respond to this as it seems that having a realtor work for you without any pay seems to be an option in your mind. But I didn't want to assume anything or misunderstand so I ask the question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
Hi Amir

I would ask friends and family, if they live in the area, if they have worked with any Realtors they would recommend. I would check-out who sells in the areas you are looking to buy and interview a few different agents to see who you think would work best with you. It is strange that no one responded. I would also recommend talking to a lender so you have an idea how much you can afford and start narrowing down your focus on what type of property you want to purchase (condo, TH, single family home, etc), neighborhood, etc.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 6, 2011
Hi Amir,

Ask friends and family for referrals. 'Interview' a few Realtors before hiring one - you want to make sure you are going to work well together. Commissions are usually paid by the seller (both the listing agent's and the buyer's agent's) so it shouldn't cost you anything.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 5, 2011
Amir,

Strange that no one responded. As you can see that won't be a problem here. Few ways to do it. Ask friends and family for referrals to agents they used in the past. Or talk to the agents that repsond on here like Lisa. i am sure there will be others. I can give you the names of a few agents also. I trust these people and have watched them work over the years with my clients. I refer my friends to them and believe me I only do that with the best of the best. If you email me I will do this for you. I am not a realtor but a lender and I have seen many agents come and go over the years so I know the good from the bad. Hope this helps and good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 5, 2011
Hi Amir,
I specialize in Prince George's County and would be happy to sit down with you to discuss the homebuying process, your goals, and my services (including commission). To answer your first question, one of the best ways to find a good agent is to ask people you know for referrals and speak wiith several agents to find one you're comfortable with and who you feel can address your specific needs. You can also find listing of realtors on sites such as Realtor.com (National Association of Realtors) and PGCAR.com (Prince George's Association of Realtors). This however won't tell you much about the agent's competence, style, etc. Feel free to give me a call. I'd work with many first time buyer and I'd love to meet with you.

Lisa Miller Scott
Sellstate Dominion Realty
301-642-4469
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 5, 2011
Hi Amir!

I am quite surprised that no one has responded to your requests for information.
Hopefully, an agent from MD will come along and offer their help.
In the meantime, if you want, you can stop by local agencies and ask to speak to the Manager - they can always suggest an agent in their office.
You can also search for names of local agents here on Trulia.

Make sure you interview agents before signing any buyer- agent agreement.

It sounds like you are on the right road to learning about the process in advance............it's excellent for you to do your due dillgence!

In regard to the commission, it is usually paid out of the proceeds of the sale.... and is factored into the transaction by way of a sgned listing agreement between the listing agent and seller.

Good luck with your home search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 5, 2011
HI Amir

yes, this is the forum. If you have not find the condo for you yet, feel free to give me a call.
Hi Amir, did you find your new condo? If not, I can help you.
Lots of great suggestions here for you. Be sure to interview your agent to ask about their experience and knowledge of real estate...for example DIanka knows the area very well...you want an agent that is a proefessional. My specialty is Harford County Real Estate...be sure to get a Real Estate agent from your area.

I wish you well with your search