Smia719, Home Buyer in Baton Rouge, LA

How can I find a delegent agent who doesn't mind working for a small commision?

Asked by Smia719, Baton Rouge, LA Fri Jun 1, 2012

My husband and I had bad experiences with our last agent.
We are trying to buy a house in Prairieville, LA. not buying a expensive house. (around 150k-160k)
We are looking for a delegent agent who doesn't mind working for small commission.

Answers

7
I live and work in the Prairieville area and specialize working with buyers in your price range. I love what I do and I believe that if I dedicate myself to you regardless of the size home you purchase, your referrals to your friends and family will be priceless.

If you have not purchased a home yet, please do give me a call at 225-772-3283 or email me at David@DavidMadaffari.com.

--David Madaffari, Realtor
Selecting an agent is like hiring an employee - you can't just pick the first person who shows up. You need to talk to people, see how well you communicate with each other, see how much you like each other. Then, you need to know how well qualified they are, and they need to show how excited they are to work with you.

I suggest that you visit open houses and talk to the agents. Then - this is a MUST - after you've found one you like, talk to ONE MORE, just to be sure.

It's not about the money it is about building relationships. Sorry you have had bad experiences in working with your agents but remember just like people-we are not all the same. Contact me anytime. Thanks
First off, I am so sorry that your last experience wasn't a good one. I get the sense that it's left you with a bad taste in your mouth. Please be assured that all agents are not alike.

As a buyer you will likely not pay any commission unless you are trying to buy a "by owner" home. In which case the owner may not be willing to pay any commission and will ask the buyer to pay commission if they would like to use an agent. Not the best strategy for a homeowner to use in a buyer's market, but I do see it happen from time to time.

Other than that, the agent gets paid from the seller so I'm really not sure where commission comes into play on your end. My best advise is to look around and find an agent with some experience in the area. When you find a few that you think would work, call them up and let them know your past experience and go from there.

I work the Ascension, Livingston and EBR areas, please feel free to call me anytime.
Mags 505-8725
Web Reference: http://www.justcallmags.com
Typically, a buyer's commission is provided by the seller via the seller's broker. So you should not have to pay anything. However, when you decide to sell, your agent will typically prepare a listing agreement that will include compensation to someone else's buyer agent.

But, please remember that you always get what you pay for. In Texas, there are always newspaper articles about people that go to Mexico for plastic surgery because they want a doctor that will work for small pay....they end up spending double when they get a doctor that wants to be paid for the work they do to fix the mistakes.....just a point to ponder.

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
if you are buying a home, you do not pay a commission
Hello, I would love to help you find the right home. I specialize in Ascension Parish. Please feel free to call me!