Stefani John…, Home Buyer in Neenah, WI

How can I find a ballpark of what the average cost it is to build an average home in the Neenah, WI area?

Asked by Stefani Johnson, Neenah, WI Wed Jan 8, 2014

Answers

5
It will really depend on what you put into your home (such as tile flooring vs. vinyl, if you would like granite counter tops vs. the traditional Formica, etc.....). Do you already have a lot? Typically you could plan for something between $98-125 per square foot. If you want to contact me directly I can put you in touch with a few builders and we can talk more about your budget, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
We do not have a lot and need to put our house up for sale yet. Thanks for the advice. We are going to look into how much we can afford and what we will need to compromise on.
Flag Tue Jan 14, 2014
Hi Stefani,

I have worked with builders as both a real estate broker and as an attorney. I would suggest you find a local builder that has built in the area you are looking to have your home built. Typically those with a bad reputation get weeded out of town quickly. The additional advantage of having a local builder is that they are familiar with the building codes and permit laws of the township. Many building hold ups have to do with proper code and permits. I would also suggest you find a local real estate attorney to look over any building contracts you are given by the builder. Although real estate sales and purchase contracts are "boiler-plate" (usually forms), builders contracts can be complicated and are typically favoring the builder (not the home owner). They are prepared by the builder's attorneys and allow them many "outs".

So do your research locally in the area that you want to build in and also speak to a local attorney about reviewing any building contracts you have with the builder before moving forward.

Best of Luck,

Mo Dadkhah
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
Stefani,
My suggestion would be to talk to a builder, it all depends on what amenities you would like. Figure about $170 sq ft. If you would like more information feel free to contact me.
Nan Brennan Century 21 First Realty Appleton
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 9, 2014
You better use this building cost calculator at

http://building-cost.net/CornersType.asp
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 8, 2014
I went to this site and filled out all the info, but it seems to be REALLY high, almost double the cost.........we have been thinking about building a home for years now and can tell you in the neenah area the range p/sq ft is $110.00-140.00
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Stefani, good question! I work with new construction on a daily basis and can confidently say that there is no "norm". A good builder will guide you through the process (and/or Realtor. .wink, wink) and help you determine a budget based on square feet. Another key element is finding the perfect lot...This can be one of the most challenging parts as the subdivisions covenants can determine key factors on the style and square footage of your home. I would love to help you with your journey! Please feel free to email me at stephanie@c21acre.com and I ccan make sure we find something that accommodates your needs! I look forward to hearing from you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 8, 2014