Kcal, Home Buyer in Saint Petersburg, FL

How can I find FHA approved lenders in St Petersburg, fl?

Asked by Kcal, Saint Petersburg, FL Wed Apr 6, 2011

I'm interested buying a home in St Petersburg with an FHA 203(b) loan, as well as Florida Assist downpayment assistance. How can I find an FHA approved lender in St Petersburg? I do not currently live in St Petersburg; does my lender have to be located in the city I'm purchasing a home, or can I use a lender in my current city (Fort Myers)?

Answers

15
Pam Cohn-Broker Associate’s answer
Kcal,

All good answers. If you are looking at the Florida downpayment assistance along with the FHA 203 loan, check on the programs requirements. Some of them require that the buyer must take their First Time Homebuyers' class and that the lender and the real estate agent must also to be on their approved list (meaning they have to go through a class also). This may rule out your local lender.

As Carol pointed out, if you are looking at condos they must be FHA approved. From what I just heard from Wells Fargo, they can no longer do spot approvals for one unit in a community. If it is a single family or PUD (planned unit development) this is not an issue.

Find a locat Realtor you want to work with and they should be able to walk you throught the process.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
http://www.FromCavesToCastles.com
there are a wealth of lenders available, if you would like a few options let me know carter@mytampabayrealty.com
Scott Kravetz

Renovation Branch Mgr
NMLSR ID 457839

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage | 4100 4th St N - 2nd Floor | Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
MAC Z0271-020
Tel (727) 418-6974 | Fax (866) 614-5785

from John Lutzo Coldwell Banker
john.lutzorealtor@gmail.com
oR YOU MAY WANT TO TRY http://www.Florida-Mortgage-Lenders.com @ google.com/+Florida-mortgage-lenders
http://www.florida-mortgage-lenders.com/index.php/fha-mortga…
There a st Pete Florida mortgage lender. Hope that helps
Call this gentelman John Fenech of Sunbelt Lending. 727-827-1818. Tell him I sent you. He has all the answers.
Kcal,
You can choose any lender who is approved to do the loan yo seek in florida. We offer the bst of all worlds for FHA and 203K loans. You can download the guides for each program for either program on my web site. Good Luck with your purchase.

I just closed with a buyer who got the 8,000 assistance -she used Linda Kemp at Wells Fargo and
the transaction could not have gone better. Donna Dalton handles the 203k loans there.
They are located on Central avenue in St Petersburg........I you would like I can get you the number.

Sheri Ray
RE/MAX Metro 727-647-4895
To find a fha approved lender use the attached link. Your lender in fort meyers can help you, however its sometimes easier to use a local person. I would recommend Kevin Reeves at New Penn Financial 813-728-4992.
Good evening,

any lender licensed in the state of Florida offering FHA loans can help you regarding a mortgage loan for of a property in Florida.

I am currently working with out-of-state borrowers who are in the process of buying property here in Florida. The communication and submitting of documents via phone, facsimile and email works great and the transaction is absolutely smoothly.

If I may be of any service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
Please call Mary King, the mortgage broker, at 727-647-0769. When you get pre-qualified you can call me, Gina Przyborowski Keller Williams Realty St. Pete. and I'll be able to find you your dream home.
It is generally the property that has to be approved and not the lender. Most FDIC lenders will work with an FHA loan or refer you to someone that does. The property must be approved so if you are buying a condominium then you must be sure that it is on the FHA approved list also if you are buying a single family home there are certain criteria that the house must meet. For example. Railings by staircases, etc. If you are working with a Realtor they should be able to provide you with most of this information. The one reason that sellers to not choose to offer FHA financing is that it costs them more money to do so. Talk to your Realtor and bank and they will provide all the information you need. Good luck.