Penni Lowery, Home Buyer in 33954

How can I "filter" my Trulia search to include only homes that are on a freshwater canal?

Asked by Penni Lowery, 33954 Sat Apr 20, 2013

Answers

10
If you use Truila, just look at the homes northeast of Tamiami Trail. Most of the fresh water dams are just on the north side of the highway. This is not a hard and fast rule however. South of the highway is generally salt water and south of Edgewater is sailboat canals.
Hi Penny,

I don't think you can. The best way to look for any particular property is to use an area real estate agent, it's much easier, accurate and cost you as a buyer Nothing! If you would like to contact me, I'd be happy to help.

Vicki Biehl, Realtor
941-628-6144
Biehlsells@gmail.com
http://www.Sarasotacountyhomesales.com
http://www.Charlottecountyhomesales.com
Century 21 Aztec & Associates
“No Transaction Fees”
SMARTER.FASTER.BOLDER.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 3, 2013
In your Trulia search, remove "All" and click on single-family-homes. In the keywords, insert the word "canal". Then when the map fills in only look at the little house icons north of US 41. Highway 41 acts as the salt water dividing line. There are low dams of usually no more than quarter inch sheet steel held in place with concrete just a few feet on the north side of Tamiami Trail north which acts as the north frontage road. These dams keep saltwater from intruding north of these dams.
Kessel Holdings LLC

http://www.kesselholdings.com

571-330-3531
You can't.
Go to the green Trulia bar above, Click on "Find a Pro", insert your zip code. Select one of the local agents that show up and contact them. Ask for a list of homes that match exactly what you want to find, they will produce the list and send it to you for FREE. Even better, they will update you every time a new home matching your description becomes available. Nothing could be better than that. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Hi Penny
That type of search would have to been done by a realtor. Trulia gives customers many opportunities to see what is available but not a lot of search options. If you would like I could narrow the search for you and put you on automatic updates. This would let you see when prices change or new property would become available. Just let me know. Have a great weekend.
You can't do that, I is one of the reasons you need to hire an agent, we can, but through the MLS that we use.
Hi Penni,

I am not sure that you can. I would be happy to set you up on our local MLS to receive listings for fresh water canal homes as they come on the market.

Please call me at 941-286-4173 or email at goldmann3@comcast.net. I will set you up right away.
Hi Penni,
I would be happy to set up a search in the MLS for you with freshwater canal if you could send me your other criteria such as number of beds, baths, square footage, age of home, and price range.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
Trulia does not allow you to create a fine detail search as you speak of. Us Realtors that have access to the MLS can create a custom profile for you and target the freshwater canals. If you would like to reach out to me so that we can create one for you then you can do so with the following information.

Respectfully,

Shain McLaughlin Realtor®
RE/MAX Palm Realty
1808 Tamiami Trail, Unit D-2
Port Charlotte, FL 33948
Cell: (941) 623-7850
Office: (941) 743-5525
Fax: (941) 743-5518