Home Buying in Oakhurst>Question Details

Monika Deans, Other/Just Looking in Grapevine, TX

How can I estimate what the market value would be for an approx. 1700 sq.ft. home in Oakhurst that's been comp. remodeled with high quality

Asked by Monika Deans, Grapevine, TX Mon Sep 27, 2010

Look at similar homes, not only on trulia, but on realtor.com. Then look at the neighborhood of this particular home, and the homes around it, compare to the other similarly posted homes. Also, since this home is in Oakhurst, is this home listed as contributing or significant to the Oakhurst Historic District? Even homes built in the 1950's can be.
Take a look at one of the websites that lists crime statistics, especially if this house is on the outskirts of Oakhurst. This neighborhood, as most in the city, borders on some iffy areas, although their neighborhood crime watch is supposed to be very good.
You have to consider, not only the market value, but what is the value to YOU? Too often realty professionals, through no fault of their own, leave us only thinking about the "home as a financial investment" idea.
I am also interested in Oakhurst, and would love to hear from you about what you are looking for. Perhaps we could share notes, as I won't be ready to buy for at least six months. Send me a message on my trulia account, if you want to. I have friends in FW, who have been some help to me.
Market value is determined by what buyers are paying for the same feature and benefits in the same subdivision. It is a good idea if you are wanting to sell, to get a accurate CMA from a real estate professional. If you are trying to determine how to lower taxes, you will need to get a appraisal completed and submit to the local tax asessor's office.

Jennifer Viner
Remax Pinnacle
The Deane Team
Web Reference: http://www.thedeaneteam.com