Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Jim, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

How are taxes calculated in Fulton County? I'm interested in a home that was assessed at $303,000. With all

Asked by Jim, Atlanta, GA Wed Jul 16, 2008

due respect, please don't post an answer that tells me what my REALTOR should be able to do for me. If you can answer the question honestly, I would greatly appreciate it.

OK - let's change "wounds" to "sounds"
I guess that's my sign to stop working for the night ...

And to really answer your question - Assessed Value times millage rate - divided by 1000
I have to disclaim that I'm not a tax professional, but $303,000x31.614 millage rate (city of Atlanta) divided by 1000 is approximately $9579 - of course, then homestead exemption comes into play...

Enjoy your perusal of the Fulton County Assessor's website!

You will also need the millage rate which can be found here - along with a list of the changes from previous years.

The "easy" way for a basic calculation may be to use this (sorry Trulia!):

OR to consult the tax records for the amount of taxes the previous - or current - owners paid the previous year.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2008
Go directly to the source to do a search via the address or parcel number at:

As the largest tax percentage is to the School System... then you have parks and any special bonds separate from the county/city portion. Hope this helps and is useful!

Ramiro Garcia
Yes, go to the fulton county tax asessor's website to see the most recent taxes. They take the total assessed value and multiply it by the millage rate. Just remember there are often city taxes too - depending on what municipality the home falls in.
Jim -
I would advise you to visit this website:

for information direct from the source!

And thanks for your candor on the "ask you Realtor" thing!!

Best of luck to you. You can also use that site to explore the tax records, but it wounds like you may have already ...

Web Reference: http://www.leeadkins.net