Home Buying in Hampstead>Question Details

ljovans, Home Buyer in 11725

How are hampstead nc schools? N. Topsail? Topsail Midd / HS?? Considering relocating?? Advice?

Asked by ljovans, 11725 Sat Dec 28, 2013

Answers

2
Hampstead is highly sought after for the schools. They are ranked high in the State rankings and many people close by move to Hampstead just to have their kids in the schools here. A good website to check is ncreportcard.com. I use this website for my clients to give them info about the schools. Check it out.
Please let me know if you have any questions about relocating to Hampstead or the surrounding areas. I live in Hampstead and know the area well. I am here to help!
The Topsail schools are the best in Pender County and, in my research, I believe that Pender Schools are the best in SE NC. That being said, it's a dual-edged sword. Pender is a largely rural area with a limited economic base. The schools are good and the staffs, for the most part, are good. The number of academic selections and extracurricular activities are more limited and in athletics some bureaucrat in Raleigh elected to place Topsail HS in a 3A/4A conference (meaning they play larger schools) which results in their getting their butts kicked regularly. The facilities are good. Try comparing your previous schools with Pender Schools on a site like Greatschools.com. I moved from Fairfax County, VA and my son is at THS.