Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

bb, Home Buyer in Florida

How and where do I get pre approved?

Asked by bb, Florida Sun Apr 15, 2012

Answers

10
Ivonne Martinez MBA’s answer
Hello BB,the first thing to do is to get pre-approved. I can put in contact with some professionals in the industry; once you are prequalified, you are ready to buy.
Is better to find a local Bank instaed of using the big banks, you will get a better treatment and a fast response. Use a local community bank
Fernando daCosta
#05-345-0029
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
It's a good idea to find out your 3 credit scores from one lender, so you won't have to get your credit pulled, reducing your overall score (since you are only getting pre-approved, the rule when several scores pulled by mortgage lenders won't affect your score does not apply here, yet).

Then, find out what programs are offered and if the rates are competitive.
Ask the mortgage pros what you need to improve in preparation for your purchase (assets increase, debt reduction, credit score improvements, collecting documentation, getting gifts from family members etc.)

If you are in "ready" shape (which most buyers are not), check out 3 different types of lenders:
a large bank, a mortgage broker and a credit union.

Each has different programs/rates to offer - this way you pick the best option for yourself.
This is when your credit scores come in handy (those that you only pulled once).
As you are finding out about the programs, ask for a preliminary Good Faith Estimate (GFE) to see who is charging more for their mortgage programs.

Stick around on Trulia as you go along!

Best of luck,

Irina Karan
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
Thank you ALL tremendously for all the responses...that were filled with pertinent information. Please accept my sincere gratitude for this ''daunting task'' of purchasing my first home. Some responses are real 'eye openers (Mr. Oliva) Nevertheless, each response made it easier for me to comprehend the matter. Thanks again!
Good Morning,

The process to get preapproved can be started immediately with the bank you currently do your banking with. Other suggestions would be to talke to friends, family and co-workers that have recently pruchased a home and they can provide you with the name of the loan officer that they worked with, this is usually a good source to turn to. If for example, you are a veteran you can also use USAA or Navy Federal Credit Union, as they have great rates and quality service. One word of caution is that you do not want to allow several lenders to check your credit as it will affect your credit score. You will want to ask the loan officer's what their current interest rates and fees would be and you can additionally ask them to provide you with a Good Faith Estimate of their costs and fees and this will allow you to also compare the rates and fees between several lenders. Good luck in your process and once you have your pre-approval you will be able to fully be in the search for your new home.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
305-772-2521
BB, you may want to start by talking to your own bank. They already have your information, and so you will have to verify less! Ann
Hello!
Your can be pre-approved by a loan officer/mortgage broker.
I have a list prepared which I will be happy to forward to you at your request.
If I can be of further help, please feel free to contact me.
Carrie Obeso
305-968-6739
obeso.realtor@gmail.com
Take a minute to read up about the Pre-Approval process here: http://www.trulia.com/blog/elliott_r_oliva/2011/12/pre-apppr…
Hello!
You can get per-approved by a lender/mortgage broker. They will look into things like employment history, income, debt, credit score......
It is essential to be per-approved before making an offer on any kind of property.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Manon Mohammady
You can get approved by any reputable lender. Here is the information for a lender I have used for my clients many times with excellent results:

Jeff Ballard
6301 NW 5th Way Suite 4500
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Direct: 954.626.6464
Toll Free: 877.301.7912 ext 1100
Local: 954.626.6400 ext 1100
Fax: 954.626.6465
Cell: 954.218.3547
http://www.goldstarflorida.com
Gold Star Company Portfolio
NMLS#: 263553

If you are looking to buy in the Dade or Broward county areas of Florida then feel free to give me call. I would be happy to assist you further, good luck!