Question Details

Homeowner, Home Buyer in Fairfax, VA

How an affordable unit affect the resell value? Is it more difficult to sell if affordable houses are next door?

Asked by Homeowner, Fairfax, VA Wed Apr 11, 2012

I am buying a new townhome near Vienna metro and just realized that half of the houses on the same street (approximately 24 units) are designated as affordable houses for the county. Two units next to mine are affordable units. Although I was told that these units will be sold to the county employees, but I know the county's ADU program allow anyone to apply as long as their income below certain amount. I am wondering if that will make my property more difficult to sell in the future ? Is the developer required to disclose such information? I found that out by myself.

Answers

1
How would you know "if affordable houses are next door"? Did you look at other houses in the area? Regards,
it is being built a little bit different from mine and I confirmed with the sales.
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012