Home Buying in Dublin>Question Details

tictactoe, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

How Paragon outlet phase I opened this week in Livermore impact housing prices this area?

Asked by tictactoe, San Jose, CA Sun Nov 11, 2012

The new Paragon outlet phase 1 opened this week in between Dublin and Livermore border. It already started to draw more people and traffic in this area. I am wondering how this will impact housing prices here, especially East Dublin?

Answers

3
Hi tictactoe,

Generally, I believe local housing prices increase based on economic growth which incrementally increases jobs development, local municipality sales tax income and/or the ability to attract inter-city migratory sales.

Now, this all "sounds good on paper" but it's very hard to arrive at an accurate answer using a formula that has 8 unknown variables and 2 constants!

The answer on whether any local housing will show increased or decreased values is always up to the changing forces of housing supply and demand. Paragon certainly influences over time; however, I'm betting a much larger mixture of macro-economic forces will decide various and cyclical housing value outcomes over and over again.

Best, Steve
I think time will tell. Paragon has brought many new jobs to the area and helps to continue to grow tri-valley area as a business center. This, I believe will help to increase the values here. Yes there is some inconvenience but strong potential up-side. The biggest thing effecting market value right now is supply and demand. And right now, supply is low and demand is high. This is the main force behind prices today.

The Kruschke Team
If you are considering buying there, ask yourself if this is a convenience or a bother to you.Think about other communties close to premium shopping malls, do you avoid looking at homes near them, do you even give it a second consideration.

At this point the mall looks attractive, and I think most folks will consider it a benefit with some inconveniences.
Web Reference: http://www.sunilsethi.com