Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

fernandezana…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Houston tx area

Asked by fernandezanaly, Houston, TX Fri Apr 5, 2013

where can I call to find out what I can do to purchase a home with help on paying monthly depending on my husbands income? in Houston tx area

Answers

8
Al Geffon’s answer
There is some down payment assistance available, although not for everyone who applies. Between income limits, credit scores, employment history and other criteria, it's not all that easy. I would contact a lender (stay away from banks ... their fees are higher, and the process is far more difficult than it has to be) ... the individuals below would be an excellent starting point. You'll get the information you need to determine whether you can qualify. Best of luck ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
ok thank you guys so much,my husband and i are going to get a credit card soon to help us out on the credit issue,and going to speak with a lender soon hopefully friday if we can find one available to speak with us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 6, 2013
Try my Texas first home website it will give you a list of lenders, they give 5% down payment, the city of Houston and also Harris county have down payment programs but you need a credit score of 620.
You may qualify for a first time home buyer's grant for downpayment, but you would have to have at least a 640 credit score and between you and your husband have sufficient income.
Lenders are very strict not to give loans to those who cannot afford them due.

Check out this website to see if you qualify, or have your lender help you look for one.

http://www.txhomeprograms.org/program/programdetail.php?id=164

You may want to have your Realtor look thru Homepath foreclosures that take only Owner Occupied bids for the first 7-10 days called the "First Look" period. http://www.homepath.com.
Your Realtor and their Broker must be registered to bid on these and on HUD.homes.

What number or who can I contact to find out about first time home buyers help..as in help with making monthly payments low, basing it on our income
If you need a realtor don't hesitate to call me. You can reach me at www. twc4000@yahoo.com.
Sounds like you need a loan officer. My sister in law is a loan officer that I always refer to all of my clients, and everyone sings her praises. Her name is Samantha Villarreal, and you can reach her at samanthaav@comcast.net. She will be happy to help you.
I don't quite understand your question. Are you looking for a lender?