Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Todd Burns, Home Buyer in North Hollywood, CA

Houston, areas I should consider?

Asked by Todd Burns, North Hollywood, CA Thu Sep 24, 2009

I've recently been given reason to eyeball Houston as a potential place to move my family too. I seen some great houses in the 300k range. What areas should I consider? We can good schools, proximity to shops, entertainment, and of course, a quality area

Answers

11
Mr Burns,

The Houston area is vast and you can fullfill all your needs in any direction you go. If you are looking for a Metro feel our down town has much to offer, if the burb's are more to your liking then there are several area's to choose from, North we have the Woodlands and Conroe, Northwest - Cypress, West - Katy, Southwest - Sugar Land. All these area's have highly rated Schools and Great Shopping!!
Distance to work and driving time is a major factor for most buyers, if this is a concern for you give me an idea where your new employment will be located and I will be happy to give you an idea of driving time to get there from all these areas.
Let me be the first to welcome you to Houston and I wish for you an enjoyable search for your new home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 26, 2009
Todd -
The Greater Houston Metro Area has something for everyone. Choosing where to live is a very personal choice, driven by budget, wants, needs, compatible neighborhoods and school choices. I've included our corporate information page that we share with clients relocating into the Houston area. Take advantage or our offerings as the largest, oldest and most technologically saavy realtors in the business, we have 25 offices and nearly a thousand professional REALTORS whose only job is to care for clients like you. Please watch the video and click on the links:

http://www.garygreene.com/help/garygreene/relocation/index.php

Most importantly, find a REALTOR that can help you sort through the reams of information and housing choices so that you find the perfect home for you and your family.

If you need help, I'd be glad to talk or meet with you.

Ken Hunter, REALTOR
Prudential Gary Greene Realtors
(832) 515-9951
Hi Todd. Houston is a wonderful city, and all of the answers have been good so far. Below is another link that has a good overview of the neighborhoods of Houston. If I can help you further, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Emily
wow how do you answer a question like this? There are so many great areas and a lot of them for different reason. Montrose and museum district are the trendy areas with decent school. Katy is a little outside of houston with great schools but the commute not so hot. The woodlands has great schools, nice parks but unless you work there you will have a bit of a drive to houston. Decide on what the must haves are for you and then is will be possible to find the perfect fit. Good luck and let us know if we can be of help.
Saul Carrillo Realtor
It Homes
*832-527-2268
I will be happy to send you a "Newcomers Guide to Houston" You need to make a list first all your 'needs' secondly your 'must have' and then your 'wants' Considering schools for your children I'm sure is a priority, this will come under your needs, where will you be working? some commutes can be long as Houston is very spread out. I would suggest a visit here also, there's nothing quite like seeing an area in person as even photos can be deceiving so getting a real feel for a neighborhood you like is important. I've lived in Houston for 29+ years, so know most areas very well. I also keep current on the growing areas and what is appreciating incase you should want to sell in the future. Please go to my website to check on current information for buyers. IF you qualify for the $8,000 tax credit you need to start planning quickly as you must close by Nov 30th! Please call me for any further information, I'm always happy to help :)
Web Reference: http://agoodehome.com
Hey Todd, Harvard Elementary is one of the best schools in Houston. If you're interested in living inside the loop, you may want to consider the Heights. There are alot of bungalow style homes in the Heights, mostly 2 bedroom 1 bath, so not sure the number of bedrooms you'd need, but the other agents on here are right as well, if you want more house for your money then look outside the loop in places like Sugarland. The Woodlands is good as well and is about a 45-60 minute drive to downtown Houston, so it really depends on what your needs are. Make sure you find an agent that specializes in the area that you are interested in, preferably someone that lives in the same neighborhood, that way you know they really are a specialist. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey!
Sugarland ! the best city and safest city to live and with highly acclaimed schools. For 300K, you can get a
2500sqf home in newly constructed master planned community
3500sqf home in golf course community
2500-3000sqf home with swimming pool in established subdivisions zoned for 4 star schools
One of my clients relocated here from LA and they love it ! Learn more about Sugar Land, click on the link below!
The Woodlands!!! 27 miles north of downtown Houston with beautiful trees and great shopping and restaurants. Great schools, too. Google it!
Hi Todd,
In the $300K range, you'll be able to get a very nice home in Houston.
If you need any facts, stats, news, about different areas in the Houston, please check the link.
Thanks.
You can find some great homes in that price range in the Sugar Land, Cypress, and Katy areas of the Greater Houston Area. These are all suburban communities with great schools, shopping, and other amenities. If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a call.

Kevan Pewitt
Houston Prime Realty
281-500-7077
Hi Todd,
If you look in Cinco Ranch you will find a ton of good deals plus terrific schools ...
Go to my website to see for yourself ...

If you like I'll send you a relocation package ...
Many thanks and talk to you soon ...