Mike, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Houses for sale in south east florida

Asked by Mike, New York, NY Sat Mar 5, 2011

Im looking to buy a home somewhere between Fort lauderdale and west palm beach for around $100,000 I need to know if this is enough or even possible to purchase a home in a Decent (Low Crime Rate ) area? With a good school district since i have a 1 year old. Were looking for 2-3 bed, 2 bath, with pool and possibly garage. I have seen a lot of nice homes for sale online but not sure of the areas. If anyone could give me some info i would apreciate it

Answers

3
The best thing to do is to find a realtor who will do a search within your criteria and provide you a list of homes for you to inspect. You can go from there.

Sedat Celik, Realtor

954=661-2565
sedat@celiks.com
Mike,

You will have a difficult time finding something in that price range with those requirements. The area you have specified is rather large but doing a quick search from Ft Lauderdale up to West Palm Beach looking for a single family home with a pool with a minimum of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, not in an age restricted community and a list price up to $110,000 I find 17 potential listings. So much really depends on location and where you will be working and a good school district are both going to be considerations.

You may also remove the private pool requirement as this severely limits what is out there and the maintenance will also add to your monthly expenses. In Palm Beach County some of the best schools you will find are in Wellington and Jupiter and a really good site for you to research is http://www.greatschools.org. There you will find a lot of information on schools across the country.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call as I would be honored to negotiate the right opportunity on your behalf.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
You can get a good idea about the schools by going to the county school board website- for Broward County it is http://www.browardschools.com. Right now there are 6238 homes for sale with at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths in Broward County, approx 2500 of them have a pool and garage. Demographics and crime statistics are available online for the various cities. If we had a better idea of where you were going to be working, this would be helpful to make your choice, every place has its blessings and curses. You have your work cut out for you to decide where you want to live! Keep in mind that it will be a few years before your child is school age, and alot of things could change by then. Have you lived here before or have you visited? Is there any familiarity with South Florida?