Question Details

H.B., Other/Just Looking in 07307

House stuck in attorney review nightmare. What to do?

Asked by H.B., 07307 Fri Oct 10, 2008

Hi guys,

Thanks for your previous advice, I need your help again. It's 25 days until closing is scheduled on my REO purchase. My real estate agent called me today to tell me the seller's agent is furious with us. We're being blamed for holding up the process and playing games. However, my attorney doesn't want to move forward until he's received a legible addendum. The copy the bank sent us is so small and distorted you can't read a thing but they want us to sign off on it. As the buyer I don't know what to do as the two sides battle it out. This has been going on for almost 3 weeks. My real estate agent made it clear to the seller's agent she wasn't going to respond to his threats nor screaming. He told her the house goes back on the market if we don't get our act together. Everyone is frustrated and it's starting to get ugly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Curt, if you see this I'm curious as to your opinion since you were so helpful before.

Answers

1
Try requesting the document to be Mongofaxed. You will receive a clear copy. If you do not get a clear copy, I would be skepticle and move on. It may not be meant to be on this property.
Addendums are contract forms and are binding. You have a good team looking out for your best interest.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 11, 2008