Tapan Parekh, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

House in Monroe Manor

Asked by Tapan Parekh, Jersey City, NJ Wed Mar 28, 2012

We are planning to buy a house in Monroe Manor. Need reviews for the school district, commute to NYC and overall living standards. Appreciate your help.

Answers

7
Home Loan: Bank offering 1 year / 9 months / 6 months / 3 months mortgage rate lock with 1 time optional float down

As of Aug 5 2013

I have purchased a home at Monroe Manor- NJ and have done quite a bit of research for getting one of the best deals on home mortgage.
I have found a bank that is providing the following rates as of Aug 5 2013. This is much better than the Wells Fargo deal that the builder has a tie up with (even considering the $1500 credit that Wells Fargo is giving)

For my house, I personally chose the 15 year fixed at 3.5% with 1 year rate lock + 1 time optional float down which is the best in the market.

5 Year ARM - 3.00%
10 year fixed - 3.375%

15 year fixed - 3.50%

20 year fixed - 4.375%
30 year fixed - 4.875%

The fees of the bank are also the best in the market:-

Total fees charged by the bank is (no other fees apply. The below is all the fees)

Application fees - $212
Appraisal fees - $325
Bank attorney fees - $275
Flood fee - $8
Credit report fee - $5

In addition the bank charges rate lock fees as follows:-
6 month rate lock - 0.5% of loan amount
9 month rate lock - 0.75%
1 year rate lock - 1%

Optional one time float down fees - $750

I compared this with several banks and found the above to be the best. If you compare this with wells fargo (who have jacked up the interest rates and have added a small $1500 initial credit) then you will find that after 1.5 years, you will start making profit with the above bank. Meaning the initial credit of Wells FArgo and its other benefits will equalize after 1.5 years. After 1.5 years you will start making loss with Wells Fargo.

Please contact me if you need more details of the above bank.

Regards
Punit Kumar
punitgupta29@gmail.com
317-385-3529
The schools are blue ribbon schools and we just opened a state of the art High School. The commute to NYC is a bus ride with multiple park and rides just a stones throw away and I wouldnt be surprised if there is a stop right outside the development so you could walk.
I live in the section of monroe where the manors are located. It is a beautiful area much less traffic inclined than the rest of Monroe. We are a stones throw from the turnpike, which they are expanding at this time, and very central to many locations. ie princeton, new brunswick, philadelphia, trenton,
Dear Tapan,

Great Place. Recently sold 2 houses in Monroe Manor. We are closing 267 Morning GLory Drive next week.
Elementary School Grades 1st thru 4th is Oak Tree Eleementary School with ratings 9 out of 10.

Elementary School Grades 5th and 6th is Applegarth.

Middle school is Monroe Middle school. This was originally a High school converted into a Middle school.
High School- Monroe has a new High School built few years ago.

Commute to NYC:

Bus to NYC:

Either take a bus from Applegarth road (small park-n-ride)- 5 minutes drive from Monroe Manor or take a bus from Rt.130- NYC Park-N-RIde in Jamesburg which is approximately 10-15 minutes drive from Monroe Manor.

Trains:

Either take Jersey Ave Train Station- 20 Minutes drive from Monroe Manor Or Princeton Junction Train Station which is about 10-15 minutes drive from Monroe Manor.

I hope this answers all your questions. Any further help, Please contact me at my Cell# 732-277-9321. Or Visit my Website at http://www.vishalmaher.com

Vishal Maher
Richa Realty
Cell# 732-277-9321.
http://www.vishalmaher.com
Hi Tapan,

Good to hear you are planning to become my neighbour. I am living in MANOR MANOR and it is great place to live!.

You can contact me at (7320 692 -0887 for more details. I can guide you because I live here and enjoying too. My kids going to Oak tree school which is excellent and many more info when you call.

Thank you.

Your Local Realtor,

Hezal Patel
CNE & SFR
Century 21 John Anthony Agency
1815 Oak Tree Road, Edison, NJ 08820
Cell: 732.692.0887 | Fax: 732.906.2184
email: hezalp@gmail.com
http://www.vlshomes.com/brokers/XJAA/xjaa01hpatel
Tapan:
I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have concerning Monroe Twp, NJ and Monroe Manor. I am also a resident of Monroe Twp, NJ and are very familar with the school district and transportation into NYC. Please feel free to contact me, so I may answer any questions you may have.

Debbie O'Brien
Tapan,
If you are willing to drive 20min there is Princeton Junction train station and also Bus Depot on Rt 130.
I have a copy of 2010 nj.com school ranks (it's done every two years) I can email you. Pls send me your email contact.