Home Buying in Glen Ellyn>Question Details

Sajed786, Home Buyer in Glen Ellyn, IL

House in Glenrise Estate near North Ave64 ??

Asked by Sajed786, Glen Ellyn, IL Wed Apr 11, 2012

I am trying to buy a house in glen ellyn near to north ave in glenrise estate, located at 22w043 valley view dr, Glen Ellyn.
Does anybody know how safe the are is have 4 kids and wan to tear the house down and build a new house there.

Answers

4
Hi,not trying to discourage you,but that side of Glen Ellyn is close to areas with gang acivities in nearby suburbs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hello; I recently put a home on the market in Glenrise Estates on Valleyview drive. The family has been there since it was built in 1987. The owner was the builder. Trust me he wouldn't have put his kids in an area that was not safe. Also, your kids can go to Glen Ellyn schools which are ranked very high in the nation. It is a fabulous upcoming area with new construction that has city water, vs. well and septic with the older homes. If you need an agent to help you further in the process, don't hesitate to contact me: 630.776.1601. I hope that was helpful.
The best thing to do before deciding on any property is to drive around the area at different times of the day and night. Also, to talk with neighbors and the police. You should get a good sense of what you consider to be comfortable regarding safety this way.

Cathi Weaver
847-477-3494
Web Reference: http://www.CathiWeaver.com
Thank you
Sajed.,
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012
Unfortunately, as Realtors we can't really classify a neighborhood as safe or unsafe. As a resource, I would suggest calling either the Glen Ellyn Police Department and the Glendale Heights Police Department (as this area is on the border) and letting them know your intention to purchase a home in the area. Then ask them if they are aware of any issues that might be of concern for someone with 4 children. They are a great resource and they will gladly share information with you.

Another wonderful resource is to drive through the area and different times during the day and evening hours. See what sort of activity is going on. If you see some of the neighbors outside, introduce yourself and ask about the neighborhood. Believe me, neighbors will gladly tell you if there are issues that they (and potentially you) could see as concerning. I hope you found this helpful.
Thank you
Sajed.,
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012