Home Buying in Parma>Question Details

Maria Fuentes, Home Buyer in Wilder, ID

House has been listed for 2 months but agent says it sold/closed. Why still listed?

Asked by Maria Fuentes, Wilder, ID Mon May 19, 2008

Answers

4
Some agents don't hang the sold sign until it is recorded.
Web Reference: http://getprequalified.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 19, 2008
Maria,

Could be an honest mistake. The updating of the Multiple Listing Service is a manual effort by the listing agent. Note that many Boards of Realty require that the listing agent post any change in status within 24 hours, or they may be subject to stiff fines. Are you looking at a 3rd party site like Realtor.com, or HomeFinders.com? Those sites don't have direct feeds from the MLS systems and thus can be out of date, although the most I've seen them is about 3-4 weeks, not 2 months.

Jeffrey
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 19, 2008
I tried to get a real estate agent to show me a condo owned by Bank of America when it was 25K. Nobody return my phone call. The price was decreased to 22,200 and now it is 19,800. Still no show. If somebody wants to try, the adress is 10301 LAKE AVENUE #502
CLEVELAND, OH 44102. I wonder why banks hire such real estate brokers?
Maria,
This can be very frustrating, I recommend that the you call the local board of Realtors and report this. If the listing agent is in the wrong, he/she will most likely have to pay a fine. I have clients that get all excited about a piece of property and I have to burst their bubble by letting them know that the house was actually pending, but the listing agent messed up.
Have a good evening!

Charles