Adam Gabriel, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

House closing stopped because of identity theft that happended with my taxes

Asked by Adam Gabriel, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Jan 9, 2013

I am having problems with closing because on of pending identity theft case with IRS. Has anybody run into this issue before? What kind of recourse do I have? Please help. Time is of the essence. I am on my fourth extension with the seller (Fannie Mae) and not sure if they are going to be willing to extend contract any more. So I need this resolved ASAP. Any tax attorney out there that’s had dealing with this or anybody that has gone through this please help.

Answers

4
Hi i am a registered tax preparer and i can help you with this issue.
what you need is an account... call me. I will give you the number of a great account. .. tell him the problem.. I know he knows what to do. many hospitals have had this happening with them taking ss#'s and someone stealing the numbers and filing returns.
Adam,

Finding a tax attorney, just Google search them in your area and many of them should pop up. However, now that you are aware of the severity of this situation which is a major road block, if this deal does not go through, you should still gets this IRS problem straightened out immediately because you will most likely end up in the same situation on your next purchase.

James Furlong's hunch may be right. Your identity theft may resonate wrongly with the present lender you are using and, perhaps, you should shop for independent mortgage brokers (not mortgage bankers) who have access to a pool of lenders who are not "banks", thus, much less anal retentive than banks.
From an every-day point of view - working with the IRS is slow and difficult to get them to change speed. And, it is ironic that you are dealing with another government giant in Fannie Mae. I am assuming that the problem that you are experiencing has to do with getting financing for the purchase. It might be faster to look at changing your lender. Search for a portfolio loan or possibly a short term loan until the IRS problem is solved. Make sure to work with an experienced tax attorney - you don't want to deal with the IRS solo. Good Luck.
Good advice; at least for now, you need to by-pass the identity theft issue
With enthusiasm

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.
Flag Thu Jan 10, 2013