Home Buying in Fort Wayne>Question Details

Kathleen, Home Buyer in Ohio

Hopefully the right place to ask this, but planning to move to Ft. Wayne around March and looking for a realtor!

Asked by Kathleen, Ohio Thu Nov 8, 2012

Hello all, first time home buyer here! :)

I currently live in Ohio, but I am planning to move to Ft. Wayne IN in March/April. My budget will be about 50-60k for a house. I have about 760 credit right now, no debt, good employment history, and don't think I will have a problem getting preapproved for a loan. I have been looking a lot at the MLS listings on this site and others and I have seen a few houses that I like, but would like the advice of a professional on good neighborhoods, etc.

I will not be able to make any offers until February, but would like to see some houses.

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance!

Answers

15
Justin Herber’s answer
No long speeches from me, but I can answer all your questions. Call me. I promise you will not be disappointed. Thank you!

Justin T. Herber
Coldwell Banker Roth Wehrly Graber
jherber.cbrwg.com
260 413-4942
jherber@cbrwg.com
Please visit my free informative website:
http://www.kenrichardsonrealty.com
I know you received responses from multiple Realtors. If you're still looking, I have more than 26 years helping buyers find the perfect first home and welcome the opportunity to assist you.

Ken Richardson
Ken Richardson Realty Company
Office: (260) 422-1888
Cell: (260) 413-6058
E-mail: ken@kenrichardsonrealty.com
I live in Arizona but have been buying rental homes from a distance working with Rick and Cindy Shepherd of Mike Thomas Associates for the last 5 years. Rick has made it possible for me to buy 7 houses from 2000 miles away without even having to be in Fort Wayne to see them. He has done many on site visits and inspections and sent many digital photos of the houses I have found in MLS listings and been able to eliminate many based on my specific needs, preferences and concerns and narrow down my choices for others, as well as handling paperwork and closings from this distance on those I have purchased. I recommend him highly and with no hesitation. His cell number is 260-403-2655

Dave Martin
Vail, AZ
Congratulations on wanting to purchase you own home. Realtor.com is probably the most helpful site if you want to search a larger area because it covers all MLS's (Multiple Listing Service). While coming to the Fort Wayne area, you can look at the RE/MAX site because it covers the area that you are interested in moving. You can request a specific agent, have your agent setup your search for your wants and needs or search on your own. Having your personal real estate agent is what is best for any buyer because they will be there for your protection and guidance

Like you said, there are MANY real estate search sites to search for your home. Finding the right home is normally a little harder than finding the right real estate agent that fits your needs and your personality. I recently had a homeowner call and interviewed me representing them in their search. The interview took about 20-25 minutes. They took the time to create a list of questions that were specific to them and their negative experience with two other agents.

Please allow me a conversation to discuss your needs and wants. I will provide you with as many references from clients that I am presently providing my services or with 50 plus clients who have successfully fulfilled their needs and goals this year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Hi! I would be happy to assist you in looking for a home to purchase. Give me a call and we can talk. Thank you! Best Wishes Glenda West 260- 466-3150
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Kathleen,
Good Morning!
I, too will throw my name in the hat!!
We would like to help you find a house to call home.
ccole@cbrwg.com
260-486-1300 ext. 8393
Thank-you,
Colleen d Cole
Kathleen, I don't know why it says I am a Home Buyer at the top of the post, but I assure you I am a licensed REALTOR!
There, now it says I am an agent!
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012
Kathleen,
I have the perfect house for you!!!! Look up 914 Prange Dr.
Mls #201210177
I can also show you a number of others! Call me! I am who you want to work with.
My motto is no one will work harder for you than me.
Justin Herber, Coldwell Banker-Roth Wehrly Graber
jherber@cbrwg.com
260 413-4942
Doesn't it feel good to be wanted? LOL.

I'll throw our name in the mix. Google us if you want to know more about us.

We won't sing and dance for you, but we'd be willing to help if you see fit.
Awww. Not even a half hearted rendition of "Singin' in the Rain?"
I kid, I kid :)
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012
I'd love to help. Located on Fort Wayne's north east side and been in the business 16 years. Call me I can get you neighborhood information, info on schools ( was on the school board 12 years), I can also set you up with your own access to the local MLS system so you can shop at your convienience. If you find something you like I can set up a showing. My number is 260-385-3034.

Jon Olinger
Olinger &. Associates, inc.

P.S. In my opinion the best mortgage broker in town is Crystal Wilson at Northwest Mortgage. Her number is 260-471-3434. Call her, she can give you options on your financing and it will only cost you a phone call.

Good luck, I hope you learn to love Fort Wayne as much as I do!

Jon
@ Michael, I plan to get my loan through PNC and close through National Link as my closing company, as I will get employee discounts on my loan costs.
Wow, I didn't think I'd get answers so quickly! lol

I'd rather communicate by email if you don't mind, that way I can save any info?

smiley_miley18@yahoo.com
Sent you a private email. Hope to hear from you soon.
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012
Sounds like you have the financing part down! My direct email is jon@OlingerHomes.com. Give me permission and Ill send an MLS link to you.
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012
Me, me me! :) I've been in the business for almost 10 years and own my own firm. I'd love to have an opportunity to talk with you. (260) 437-9581.
Happy to help. You can call/text me at 260-579-1516. I can be found on the Web at http://www.HoosierHomeListings.com. I have mortgage contacts that can help. You will definitely want to get pre approved first. Lots of great deals to be had in our market at your price point. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mike