Home Buying in 92584>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in San Bernardino County,...

Hopefull first time buyer. Ive got $1500 saved. What programs are out there to help me get my first home? I would like to live in Menifee or Banning.

Asked by Chris, San Bernardino County, CA Thu Jul 15, 2010

I figure If Iam paying $975 a mo for a 1 bdrm apt then for $200 more a mo I could be owning a home. Any advise will be apperciated.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Chris,

I was in your situation, so here is some information that you may be intrested in;
1.Google:COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP OF RIVERSIDE COUNTY look for the link on there web page under programs and look into the IDA program aka Individual Development Savings account (951) 955-4900 ask for Judith
. For every 1 dollar you save in there program they will give you two up to two thousand dollars soley for the purchase of a new home, education or to start a small bussiness. The catch you must particiapte in the workshops they offer free of charge. (This is a govenment funded program)
2.Check out rchomelink.com and on the left side of the screen click the link under neaborhood listings.
The county of riverside has a first time home buyers program that is great, and they have really nice homes in the area your interested in, they can give you up to 30% for down payment and closing cost on the purchase of one of there homes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 27, 2010
Pretty much all of Menifee qualifies for a zero down USDA loan, Chris. Go to my website at http://www.HomesForSaleInMenifee.com to read the requirements of buying the home of your dreams, and view homes for sale in Menifee or Banning. I will be glad to be your agent! Call me! 951-505-3240
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 4, 2010
You need a program that will let you buy with little down and that will pay your closing costs. An FHA loan will let you get into a home for 3.5% down. You can also ask the seller to pay your closing costs. There are many affordable homes right now. Try looking also at HUD owned homes as they will allow FHA financing on all homes. If you need repairs worked into the loan you can do an FHA loan that is called a 203k loan. That way they will also lend you all the money for the repairs. Call me if you are interested in doing this. I can get you all set up.

Jesse Madison
Madison Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 27, 2010
hI Chris!
You could go USDA with 0 down in Menifee however you need to find a lender to see what you qualify for. If you need help, let me know. You could ask for help on closing cost.

Kindest Regards,
Dianne Hicks
Web Reference: http://www.di4homes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
You'll need to have good credit and 3.5% for your down payment.
I recommend talking with a lender now so you can work on your credit and savings.
Not an on line lender...a real person that can help you achieve your goal.
Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer