500futures, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Homepath listing brkr refused communication & sign CAR's Cooperating Brkr Comm Form during 24 hours counter was valid? Offer later rejected. Recourse?

Asked by 500futures, Los Angeles, CA Tue Aug 14, 2012

Won Multiple Offer Rd & Fannie countered & gave me 24 hours to accept. Listing broker wouldn't answer calls/e-mails for 24 hours, denying me of my co-broker comp as both Buyer & Buyer's Broker (buying for myself). He "submitted" my offer around the 28th hour. Are Fannie's counters always exclusive or can there be multiple counters? I was never informed that the counter was multiple and Homepath e-mail to me states that counter ONLY goes to highest and best. How can I determine if Listing Broker brought in a buyer and attempted to get the full commission as a dual agent by letting my offer effectively expire and slipping in another after the 24 hours? He submitted my offer into system at the 28th hour but that doesn't mean Fannie asset manager knows details of my intent to buy before 24 hours were up & the Listing Broker was balking at signing the form. E-mail trail proves I was aggressive and wanting to submit proof of funds & loan approval but I waited until I had a signed CBC Form.

Answers

2
Rosa Camille Burk’s answer
Talk to the Legal Department of Local Real Estate Association, Make sure you have all your documentation ready to prove your case. Is hard to prove but nothing is impossible. Consider that you have the responsibility working for someone but yourself. Good lock
This situation has many sides and I suggest you ask the questions to your local Realtor Association legal department for some sort of way to get your answers. Good Luck